What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Munsters art choice.

Which art package is the best?

• Pro

• Premium (B&W)

• Premium (coloured if available)

• LE

Results are only viewable after voting.

J85M

Registered
Simple thread, simple poll.

The reveal/release of Munsters has certainly been the most divisive from an art stand point in a long time.

Curious to see what pinheads in the U.K. feel about the art compared to the poll over on Pinside. I’ve added a 2nd premium option just for fun as there’s been a lot of “wish I could have the LE playfield in the Pro cabinet or a coloured premium) over on pinside.

Vote for the art package you like the most/which model you would buy.

PRO
C7ED741F-32D0-4C1C-BB97-8E54A9DC7CAA.jpeg3B138EAD-2355-4F3C-9708-02A8F54A2F02.jpeg

PREMIUM B&WB1BC0413-92B3-4A42-A80C-D431F15E7823.jpeg092F7D83-381D-46C4-B374-6CCA2387C93E.jpeg

LEB69FA7B6-0BBF-44F4-B60A-573EE8013F8E.jpegC258B3E1-5B6E-41A2-9825-8E5857973823.jpeg

Last edited:
Voted black and white simply because the art is so busy that you can't even see what's going on in colour. At least B&W adds some contrast.

Compare Tron with Munsters and tell me that you can glance over the latter and tell me where the inserts are and what shots involve them...

E8E07E28-69BA-460F-BC91-262367C3EC3A.jpeg

Munsters is a hot mess art wise but no one cares so shrug.

Don't like the LE cab much.

It's supposed to be a coffin / casket ...yet it genuinely took me a few looks before I twigged that. The big red band round the top ....huh ??? ....the 'porthole' with the characters inside.....huh ?? Are they in a coffin ship ?? Just poor design imo.

EDIT - 2 other things that bother me about the this LE.

1. The LE translite - just the image lifted from the Pro cab. Surely an LE deserves unique artwork ?

2. The trim. Why isn't is all gold ? Or whatever that colour is supposed to be.

I just think for the extra $$$$ this LE looks a little thrown together.

All in my humble spinach fueled GrizZ opinion :D:cool::D

Last edited:
Don't like the LE cab much.

It's supposed to be a coffin / casket ...yet it genuinely took me a few looks before I twigged that. The big red band round the top ....huh ??? ....the 'porthole' with the characters inside.....huh ?? Are they in a coffin ship ?? Just poor design imo.

The original LE artwork was great, seems Stern overworked it making it colour. The black and white is perfect for the casket look especially with that Gold plated/Brass trim, the LE Stern ended up with just isn’t as special.
698CD467-4788-4330-8EE0-41A8C63C9E42.jpeg

Do you mean that you’d prefer the LE with the same artwork but in B&W, or that you would prefer the current B&W Premium to be called the LE?
The current LE in B&W (like the leaked LE artwork) with brass trim would have been the perfect LE package.

Far prefer the original le artwork on the cab.

Not normally a fan of gold but it’s a nice contrast the the black and white image

Do you mean that you’d prefer the LE with the same artwork but in B&W, or that you would prefer the current B&W Premium to be called the LE?

Premium art work all around, the spider armour in a relevant dual colour one of them black, maybe gold, polished black armour all round, black t-mold. Black and white art blades internal, LE sound system.

suspect I might end up with the premium and then I'll retrofit the LE sound system which I've nearly figured out how to put the Deadpool/IMDN LE sound system into a Pro/Premium.Then stick in art blades and get the armour powered coated, maybe...

Cheers,
Neil.

Actually maybe even go the Munsters green colour on the armour.

The one big downside is no real back glass but that's where the Premium could have been epic as the LE with a black and white and silver back glass.

I still think b&w was the original idea for the LE. oh and I asked Dwight what the inspiration for the B&W was on the stream and he said it was always there from the start because the show was in black and white, nowt to do with the TZ.

Neil.

You getting a Prem Neil?

So I'm not getting the pro. but haven't decided if I want the game at all. Before the premium stream that Jack did I was heading out but that improved my view. Play the game hopefully on Tuesday and will decide then. Phil might have sold out of LE's by then if so I'll go premium with art blades, chrome trim (thanks vimtoman) LE sound system.

Premium art work all around, the spider armour in a relevant dual colour one of them black, maybe gold, polished black armour all round, black t-mold. Black and white art blades internal, LE sound system.

suspect I might end up with the premium and then I'll retrofit the LE sound system which I've nearly figured out how to put the Deadpool/IMDN LE sound system into a Pro/Premium.Then stick in art blades and get the armour powered coated, maybe...

Sounds like you could easily put together a cool custom Premium and it would probably cost you a fair bit less than the LE in the end!

The current LE in B&W (like the leaked LE artwork) with brass trim would have been the perfect LE package.

I agree, the leaked LE cab art was much better than the finished product. I honestly think the LE has the worst art package of all three by quite some margin, the cab is awful.

I think the leaked LE with B/W art would have been the winner.

But because Stern can't do gold trim, add jet black powder coated trim which would have worked pretty well.

As I said before really surprised the premium is in B&W. Surely more cost to produce these one off playfields. As a collector it would stand out from all the other sterns and even LE's in folks collections.

The Premium is the BEST fit for The Munsters theme …… The more I see it, the more I like it !

Actually maybe even go the Munsters green colour on the armour.

The one big downside is no real back glass but that's where the Premium could have been epic as the LE with a black and white and silver back glass.

I still think b&w was the original idea for the LE. oh and I asked Dwight what the inspiration for the B&W was on the stream and he said it was always there from the start because the show was in black and white, nowt to do with the TZ.

Neil.

Dwight would say that …… Few people give credit to others, even if they do nick their idea !
Stern made lots of changes on this title from concept … The Premium changed to Pro and used up old GB trim in lieu of that nice Cadbury purple, the LE changed to Premium with B&W cab and the new LE suffered from the consequence.

Is it just me or does anyone else find that their eyes are drawn to Lily with her bright green outline?

On the coloured Pro/LE playfields she has a bright green outline with what looks like hair down to the floor but no body and legs.

I think that’s you just thinking of her in that bikini picture!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Word around the campfire is that Stern are increasing the number of LEs from 500 to 600...

wouldn't surprise me - did the same with batman 66 when they all sold out.

You'd almost think they were a business trying to make money! :eek:
True, but rightly or wrongly the number they said they were going to make would've factored into some people's purchasing decisions. I think it's poor form to change something like that after people have already put money down.

True, but rightly or wrongly the number they said they were going to make would've factored into some people's purchasing decisions. I think it's poor form to change something like that after people have already put money down.

The limited numbers would not have influenced any purchase.

Back
Top Bottom