What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple ball and unexpected end of ball

domlouis

Registered
Hi
Looking for a bit of advice. My stern transformers has started developing an interesting fault where it isn't unusual for two balls to be released when only one suffice and also to declare an end of ball (by switching the flippers off) when a ball might still be in play. I suspect the two are related and probably something to do with the switches that detect the balls in the storage trough under the playfield. But i am really not sure..and if it is, how do i fix it? ???
Thanks
Dom

Stick it in switch test and see what the trough switches are doing with balls in and out of the trough :thumbs:

Take off and put back on the connectors going into the ball trough. Sterns have a known issue where these cause faulty readings and the game think the ball has drained. Had this on both my ACDC and Metallica.

Not sure if would also cause the double ball issue though

Don't forget to do the ball locking trough as well.

In addition to the above, if you can't detect it in switch test then it may be an intermittant microswitch issue. Also helps to keep the LEDs when detect the ball jam in the trough kickout clean and aligned. I won't mention hair line PCB cracks here!

Personnal I wouldn't waste any zip ties... just saying... :)

Back
Top Bottom