What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Mr & Mrs Pacman £1200

Expired Due to no activity

Jason Catrine

Site Supporter
Hi all,

I am posting this for sale on behalf of someone else. He has been trying to join this forum but for some reason the verification email he needs to activate his membership isn't getting through to him - if an admin reads this then can you check if that part of the site is working.

About the seller.......I sold a machine to the seller of this pin recently via the ukvac forum and he gave me a hassle free sale and paid within a few minutes of agreeing to buy so absolutely no issues to deal with him. He's also a reseller of retro toys so does buy and sell a lot of stuff and has good eBay feedback - 1 bad review and 2438 positive in the last 12 months so clearly a good seller on there too. He has this Pacman pin from 1982 which is in need of love and attention. He has done some stuff to it and got it working with just a few issues left to fix. He originally had this listed at £2000 and dropped to £1500 and has now dropped further to £1200. I would hope at £1200 maybe someone on here might take this on as a small project and finish fixing it up. Feel free to PM me if you want to ask any questions and i'll pass you onto the seller.

Here are his details on it.....

We are pleased to offer you a very nice Vintage 1982 Mr and Mrs Pac-Man Pinball Coin Operated Arcade Machine.

The machine is nearly in full working order.

Brought recently as non working.

The machine has a new MPU which has replaced the old board with battery adaptor to save highscores.

All rubbers have been replaced. All bulbs have been checked.

Overall in good shape, some wear to the playfield as seen, some paint loss (mainly on the top score board).

When purchased the original translite had peeled and broken - I've replaced the translite with a repro one but original glass.

Comes with original keys!

One of the perspex parts near the bottom left flipper has a small chip out of it - needs replacing as sometimes the ball gets stuck!!

The only other issue is the ball ejector near for the trick shot sometimes doesn't recognise the ball is in the ball pit and therefore doesn't eject therefore needs to be sorted by the new owner... likely to be due to the contacts!

Set on free to play!

Only selling as I've got two and looking to purchase more machines!

Cash on collection!!! Please message me for anymore details!

@Jasonmuir737 - The issues with email are slowly clearing, however some providers are better than others in unblocking - tho saying that please ask him to check his Spam/Trash folders as some are appearing in there... from what i can see most are delivered now though :)

If you could PM me with his email address i'll take a look :)

Cheers
Paul

Hi guys - all sorted now.

If you have any questions or want to make a purchase please shoot me a PM.

Thank you!!

I’d check the eBay listing page as this has been discussed on there, I live in Norwich and offered via eBay what this table is worth, honestly the ALLTEK is probably the best way to get some value out of this sale.

I tried to offer via eBay and was told the board cost more than £350 alone, so must have assumed it was a brand new ALLTEK then...

Boards in total may add up due to swark n talk but seen working original mpus sit unsold on ebay at £90 because an altek isn't much more and seen as a good move

Personally always look at playfield over board work - if the PF is nice, the rest is salvageable... Think £478 was to much though...

@Jasonmuir737

This is not a sought after title. Produced just after the high watermark fathom/ centaur/ fb2 era, but before the cost cut rubbish. There are plenty around, they regularly come up for sale. Many buyers are put off by the awkward head design and board layout.

This example has a badly worn playfield. It has an original bally/ stern mpu in it. It does not work properly. Even if it was fully working, it would always be priced at the bottom end of the range for this title

Advertising it for 2 grand was a complete p1ss take. So the seller has lost nearly all credibility

That game has a price, but it is a lot closer to 500 than 1200

Last edited:
I Sold one on eBay (also advertised on here ) after charges for £950 I think it was .It was fully striped , all broken plastics replaced, mec's polished ,new Alleck mpu board and fully working ,but it was Dec 2017 , prices for this machine have not gone up that much !

I know it is not fourm etiquette to discuss someone sale price and I apologize for that !

Last edited:
I Sold one on eBay (also advertised on here ) after charges for £950 I think it was .It was fully striped , all broken plastics replaced, mec's polished ,new Alleck mpu board and fully working ,but it was Dec 2017 , prices for this machine have not gone up that much !

I know it is not fourm etiquette to discuss someone sale price and I apologize for that !

You're quite correct but without guidance people are going to list for crazy prices and expect it to sell, its a funny old world we live in were people are offended for the least thing. So to clarify:

Its not worth £1200, as @DRD said more like £500.

It's the best selling bally produced after flash Gordon . The video game tie in that once alienated pinball fans is probably now it's most desirable feature . It's a fun game but it aint Fathom

Reactions: DRD
Back
Top Bottom