What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr & Mrs Pac Man Bumpers for you

TonyP

Registered
Hello ,
I have been rebuilding a Mr & Mrs PacMan Pinball Machine with my daughter and have found that the pinball community is not only a wealth of knowledge but a group of generous individuals that seem to go out of there way to help each other and also make new comers welcome and not afraid to ask questions.
Thank you for that .
In my quest for parts , about the only thing I have had difficulty finding was the Bumpers .
So I decided to try my hand at making my own. I found on Thingiverse a version that was close but decided that to replicate the claws that hold the top cap were too fragile and although they worked I kept breaking them.
So i decided to redesign and ad the lip to the lower disk so that the cap can now press onto it.
I scanned the original cap and cleaned up the original logo in photoshop and printed the new image with a vinyl printer and the end result is the picture you see of the pac man bumpers on the machine.
The yellow is not the same shade as the original but without them side by side on the machine you can not tell. I am sure with all the 3d printing filament companies out there you could probably match the color.Not Sure Though?
My only concern was that my version may lift as I did not want to put too much pressure on the claws that hold the lower disk. It really does hold securely but my lack of confidence in my design skills convinced me to also add a tiny drop of hot glue and after a week of playing the new bumpers have not budged. Hot glue is a great choice it holds securely but not permanently.
If any one is interested and I am sure these bumpers will work with any Bally 80's machine but can't promise. I will add link to the thingiverse file so you can use or share.
Also if you think there is a better place to post this I am all ears.
I am grateful for all the information I have mined from the pinball community and I hope this is a chance for me to give back
Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• PacMan Bumpers.jpg
    PacMan Bumpers.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 11
  • PacMan Bumpers original.jpg
    PacMan Bumpers original.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 9
  • PacMan Bumper TP.jpg
    PacMan Bumper TP.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 9