What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More progress on my custom 80b sound board

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
Check this out, did some more work on my 80b sound board project today as fancied a change of scene for a few hours. There's only a certain amount of orders you can package up before you go crazy and there's no post office action up here at the mo!

So,

Original music:

Custom Music:

P.S if anyone knows how to embed instagram content in here please let me know, i'm old now and this modern internet site stuff is too complex ;)

I am finding myself listening to rather a lot of kenny loggins suddenly!

Check this version out!

"Son your Ego is writing cheques your body can't cash!"

More progress on this project. New pcb layout for the custom board nearing completion. Much smaller than the original but still with the original connectors and compatible wit hthe original mount points. This board will play original music samples and custom musci samples of your choice. Add as many different samples as you like to each sound request and 1 will be selected at random.

IMG_8990.jpg IMG_8991.jpg IMG_8992.jpg

whilst it would be sacrilege to change TX or RW, it could do wonders for Raven, Excaliber.Maybe even my Tag Team,tho dunno if it would work as that has a screwed up ****e sys 80 sound board albeit the control is sys 80b (still possible for that@mypinballs )

whilst it would be sacrilege to change TX or RW, it could do wonders for Raven, Excaliber.Maybe even my Tag Team,tho dunno if it would work as that has a screwed up ****e sys 80 sound board albeit the control is sys 80b (still possible for that@mypinballs )

Should work if the same input design. Will check.

It's also worth noting that this board is to replace dead originals to with the original sound samples loaded

On my gold wings proto I have the originals loaded then added a few extras in there to.

Recreating an original hardware based board was attempted first by myself but is not possible due to unavailable chips and the overcomplex design/variations

Tweaking some of the code for this new sound board. It should be able to store a large amount of sounds should you want to add more variation into the mix. The important point is though that i want it to sound original if you want it to and then you can add new stuff on top as you see fit.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 11.29.39.png

still sounds great potential for having a good custom mix, limit to file size or sound length Jim?

still sounds great potential for having a good custom mix, limit to file size or sound length Jim?

Forgot to reply to this. No limit on either other than sd card size, though files have to be preloaded at power up

Major progress with this project. I have finally got the interface to work reliably with inbound cpu requests.

Good point in the vid is around 5.35

This project has been much more complex than first thought but we are getting there now. The sound board logic is much more than just 'play this sound Id' it turns out

I'm still refining the code logic and not 100% sure if each game will need custom logic as well as a sound file set, we will see, but the second prototype boards are getting closer. Also waiting for some dac sound processors to improve sound quality and remove noise. The first test was using bog standard passive Pwm line out

Back
Top Bottom