What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More dude updates

• Thread starter Deleted member 181
  • Start date
Ahhh... Did they do the JM conversion to The Matrix that is owned by Ad Jonker? That is indeed a fine bit of kit (stunning cabinet art) and concrete real-world "proof in the pudding" that I can appreciate. Maybe it isn't mentioned on their site for licensing reasons?

But if the BOP2.0 kit is real and has been on public display why aren't there any pics or vids? Is that a licensing issue too, do you think?

There is a decent enough video of bop 2.0 on their site, around 20 minutes of it. pps let them do it with p-roc , I "think" they probably at one point wanted them to convert it to use with those FAST boards they're making though.

From what someone not from dp mentioned that this game is a p-roc too. They are expensive for original builds with all the extra boards they need but must be a heavy'ish discount. The bowling alley must be $1k

A lot of dollar yes but still cheaper than the new MMs, The Hobbit, and Stern LEs :cool:

New standards got set somewhere, all the time they're being bought it won't change. I would just be worried about losing value.

I would just be worried about losing value.

Always a risk with new machines that I think most that buy NIB accept. This is an almost unique hobby in that the pins on the whole hold their (perceived) value. For those fortunate enough to have bought machines years ago they have in fact turned out to be a very good savings account ;) To occasionally buy one that you may not see yr money back 100% doesn't seem that much of a biggie. All hobbies/interests/leisure cost in some way. If money is that tight/or a worry then yes NIB is probably not a wise purchase.

Oh yeah, some games have only gained value over the years, pretty amazing investments half the time. For home use you get more than your moneys worth from playing over time and to sell at same price is fine or bit lower you have to be happy with that.

Just gotta feel a bit for this one that'll be like driving a brand new car off the forecourt in a way. In comparison to a cheap Predator where that games only going to gain value, easily through its rareness alone. Costs cannot be higher than a woz on this. Whatever size that lcd is they're far cheaper than dots.

It looks like it will be good game regardless anyway, the marketing for it has been good, just should've allowed more people in on a lower price and to start undercutting everyone else ;0

Not many machines have surpassed their original price. I was looking through my dad's accounts the other week and saw how much he paid for some pins in the 90's. TAF was 2.5k, FT was 2.85k, TZ was 3k. Then add over 20 years of inflation.
Also note the boom in prices after the popularity of TAF, FT came out only 3 months later.

A lot of dollar yes but still cheaper than the new MMs, The Hobbit, and Stern LEs :cool:

Its more expensive than all of those machines.

The Hobbit = $8000/1.71 = £4678
New MM = $7995/1.71 = £4675
Stern LE's = $8795 = £5143

The big lebowski = 7550euro/1.26 = £6014

Of course there are no shipping and VAT costs there but it shows you how much we are truly punished here in the UK.

Pictures of the dudes car from Dutch pinball :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom