What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Moose Shack

IMG_5095.JPG IMG_5096.JPG IMG_5098.JPG
Then follows a brick course and infill with crush n run, like baking a cake.

IMG_5121.JPG IMG_5126.JPG
Child labour,relatively cheap. My neighbour had a whacker plate but some low life nicked it the week before. the builders have friends too though. Whack the stones then ice with sand blinding.

IMG_5169.JPG IMG_5171.JPG
Billy the brick in the top image is over 70 and fit as a butchers dog. Layer of damp proof, layer of 100mm kingspan insulation and another layer of dpc. The inspector needs to see this before the slab can be poured. Concretes arriving at 13.00 and he arrives and approves half an hour before. Yay.

IMG_5174.JPG IMG_5175.JPG IMG_5176.JPG IMG_5178.JPG IMG_5179.JPG IMG_5180.JPG IMG_5184.JPG IMG_5186.JPG IMG_5187.JPG
Again friends to the rescue. Another 9m cube of concrete and fibres poured into the slab. I had to make a 7 meter tamp!

Last edited:
So this is where i'm up to Jan 2016. I reckon to get to this stage with planning, regs, drawings, soil removal, building materials and builders the project Moose Shack has cost me £9K and i''m only just out the ground. I have had to sell half my collection to help fund this. The builders have given me a rough estimate that I will need about another £25 K to finish it. Interestingly if I was to sell the remainder of my pins I may be able to raise such an amount but then have nothing to play in the shack.
# Bigwinneeded.
I have had an enourmoose amount of free labour and machinery so many thanks to those guys.
IMG_5188.JPG
The strip in front was incase any concrete left over and is the back wall footing of a new pond for the garden.

Excellent read Gaz. Yeah expensive, but look how much value it'll put on your house and will be cool-as when finished.

I owe you a few days work, so give me a shout anytime you may need it.

Great pictures the lads doing it know their stuff hard to find that these days.Keep building control happy take loads of pictures especially all drainage as this is one of the things they love to catch you out on.

Excellent ! One small step for Moose, one giant leap for pinball.

Bet that's cheered you up. :)

Oh yes I know that problem well. Selling pins to fund the build and finishing the build with no pins to put in.
At least it looks like that's resolved and the grand design build is back on. Good luck.

Not bad for three days work. The brickwork will slow them down though if they ever arrive
2154058D-36E3-4449-A6A6-1ECA8FDB333D.jpeg0C993A06-2D89-4458-AF1A-503A28A2A0CD.jpeg676D4369-C12F-4A19-8FEA-52FBFE5FFEF9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom