What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster bash scoring issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

I have an interesting mini problem with my monster bash that I only really noticed as I played another one at TILT.

When the ball is sent up the middle area where it has the monster mosh right words on my machine as long as the mirror switch is moving the points go up, on the machine in the pinball arcade - this was not the case, it added an initial score for triggering it but stopped right away. Which one is right? I'm guessing not my machine pinside.com_img_smilies_icon_smile.gif

Neil.

I'm guessing you're talking about the mosh pit spinner shot on the right of Frankie. It normally awards points for as long as the spinner is spinning. So that to me suggests your spinner is working more freely than the one at Tilt... So in answer to your question both are right however your machines spinner works better than the one at Tilt. :cool:

ok thats good :) my wife will be happy as thats the only way she scores points LOL

I'm guessing you're talking about the mosh pit spinner shot on the right of Frankie. It normally awards points for as long as the spinner is spinning. So that to me suggests your spinner is working more freely than the one at Tilt... So in answer to your question both are right however your machines spinner works better than the one at Tilt. :cool:

Actually just reading your post again. So the Tilt machine when you hit it scores you a point and keeps spinning but doesn't keep scoring. Mine scores until the spinner stops. Still think mine is doing the right thing but wanted to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually just reading your post again. So the Tilt machine when you hit it scores you a point and keeps spinning but doesn't keep scoring. Mine scores until the spinner stops. Still think mine is doing the right thing but wanted to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yours is correct, the one in Tilt needs a switch adjustment (from rest the switch triggers, but then the contact is staying closed)

Lubricating pinball machines is generally not advisable.

Gt85 is a teflon based (dry) lubricant. Putting a tiny drop on the friction points of your spinner above the pf should make a big difference to how many revolutions you achieve

Lubricating pinball machines is generally not advisable.

Gt85 is a teflon based (dry) lubricant. Putting a tiny drop on the friction points of your spinner above the pf should make a big difference to how many revolutions you achieve

So @Neil McRae, what @DRD is suggesting, is that with just a little lubrication, you'll be able to make your wife even happier :clap::D

Yes, Neil,

A spinning target should register multiple closures, depending on the strength with which it's hit. My old F-14 had an appetite for spinner targets, since the target was placed facing a powerful kicker pocket.

Plenty of games have situations where hitting the spinner as hard as possible is important, such as the timed 'Seek & Destroy' on Operation Thunder, where it re-fuels the players' aircraft, i.e. adds more time, or 'Rescue' on Star Trek Next Gen, where it seems to be the quickest way to get crew aboard the shuttle-craft. And of course 'Stretch The Truth' on Fish Tales. A few older games use hits on the spinner to advance bonus, e.g. after each 4th or 5th contact.

As for lubrication, I found that it wasn't strictly necessary on older games, with leaf-blade contacts, but did help once micro-switches were introduced.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom