What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Monster Bash - Full Works

I like to use the lift bar in the mid position when working on pins. This puts localised strain on the PF so I have added an additional right angle section to spread the load as follows:

20141108_150738shop54.jpg

Cab decals done now.

Note I sprayed the front corners and lower sections of the cab in matching Blue enamel so that when the decals are trimmed the exposed cab edges match.

20141109_110912shop61.jpg

20141109_135133shop63.jpg

Last edited:
I have a thing about creases around the legs and will go to great lengths in avoiding them. I normally fit the steel leg protectors but am not always happy about the standard positioning and fixing.

Thus I have cut sections out of the rear ones so they can be mounted higher and also added two extra fixings per protector.

20141109_200257shop67.jpg

The rears normally sit lower and can catch. The standard fixing screw is also too low in my opinion so with my mod sits higher.

20141109_200212shop68.jpg

Attachments

• 20141109_200212shop68.jpg
    20141109_200212shop68.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I like to use the lift bar in the mid position when working on pins. This puts localised strain on the PF so I have added an additional right angle section to spread the load as follows:

View attachment 11805

Looks like you're doing a great job. I don't mean to nit-pick, but in the picture showing the reinforcement you've added, one of the jet bumpers is visible - there's a washer visible under the 5/16" nut securing the linkages to the bumper ring. Is that the washer that should be fitted above the linkages?. I appreciate that it may have come to you like that, but factory fitment had thin washers between the shafts and the metal linkage, with the elastic stopnut tightened straight onto the fibre linkage.

Looks like you're doing a great job. I don't mean to nit-pick, but in the picture showing the reinforcement you've added, one of the jet bumpers is visible - there's a washer visible under the 5/16" nut securing the linkages to the bumper ring. Is that the washer that should be fitted above the linkages?. I appreciate that it may have come to you like that, but factory fitment had thin washers between the shafts and the metal linkage, with the elastic stopnut tightened straight onto the fibre linkage.

Fixed as per the above.

Thanks

Last edited:
Some final pics...

20141116_095507shop100.jpg
20141116_094549shop104.jpg
20141116_095231shop103.jpg

Custom painted figures.... Bride of Frankenstein and Franks Table.... I couldn't resist

20141116_095215shop102.jpg

20141116_095205shop101.jpg

20141116_094607shop105.jpg

Custom stainless apron protector.....

20141116_095049shop105d.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice.
Please don't get Elvira and Bride of Frankenstein mixed up. I do like you're custom paint jobs on the figures though, well done.

That looks amazing!!!! The lighting is exactly what I'm after with mine just to bring it to life a bit. What did you use for your GI, are they superbrights?

Actually I can see the one under the slings isn't a superbright looks a bit like one of those premium 2s

Last edited:
I use a mix that includes Superbright Flexis #555 Wedge and Premium 2's Non-Ghosting #44 Bayonet.

I get mine from David (Pinball Led UK). He is on this forum and gives a discount to members. I don't use stock kits/layouts and instead spend a couple of weeks fine tuning bespoke setups. Hence I generally order many more than I need and David is great at refunding what you don't use.

http://www.pinball-led.co.uk/shop/4584919430

Last edited:
When reproducing the serial number decals, I couldn't find the correct font for the Ilinois address and finished off reproducing the font dot for dot (!) . Did you find the actual font and if so, which one was it?

Also, when reproducing the fuse list decal for the backbox, did you correct the mistakes, or reproduce them also?

Finally, why are you so sensitive with the serial numbers? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Goz

Another quick point, it would appear that Frank's arms need adjusting. As far as I'm aware, when he's "lying down" his arms should be flat with table.

Good job though!

Cheers,

Goz

Back
Top Bottom