What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

monster bash classic

Do you mean the CGC remake basic version?

If so it's excellent

Chicago Gaming Company have remade some of the old classic's and Monster Bash is one of them.

The very basic model was a copy of the Williams original whereas the more expensive models had upgrades like colour screens etc.

MB original and remake are basically the same game only the remake is enhanced somewhat with superior lighting, sculpts possibly the best quality and reliability of any pin made to date.
I have owned around 3 classic ones and a MBr LE with its stunning topper.
You can’t go wrong with either but expect to pay more for the CGC remake and deservedly so IMO.
Bear in mind MB final wizard mode is really easy unlike their counterparts AFM and MM which are a little deeper in code and a lot more challenging. That said it’s a great pin in a lineup and a simple fun goto pin for friends and family.

Can't fault my SE . I don't think however without the big screen and extra lighting the basic is a step up from the original

Are these MB remakes still being manufactured and sold NIB or is it purely pre-owned now? I had assumed the MM, AFM and MB remakes were only limited in number and once the initial run had been sold that was it.

I’ve played the originals and the remakes and they are undoubtedly some of my favourite games. I still marvel at the colour DMDs and improved graphics. Hope the company producing them continue to make more classic Williams and Bally tables from this era available. Or is it simply these three classic titles and done?

Are these MB remakes still being manufactured and sold NIB or is it purely pre-owned now? I had assumed the MM, AFM and MB remakes were only limited in number and once the initial run had been sold that was it.

I’ve played the originals and the remakes and they are undoubtedly some of my favourite games. I still marvel at the colour DMDs and improved graphics. Hope the company producing them continue to make more classic Williams and Bally tables from this era available. Or is it simply these three classic titles and done?

MB remakes will be doing another run which should be here 2024.

AFM are supposedly getting another run but MB was confirmed by CGC and Phil when I asked very recently.

MB remakes will be doing another run which should be here 2024.

AFM are supposedly getting another run but MB was confirmed by CGC and Phil when I asked very recently.
Ah I see, that’s great to hear. Is it a three-skew release model. E.g. Classic or Standard, Special Edition and Limited Edition?

By the way mate, just working my way through all the pinball podcasts you’ve created. Man, you have been busy in the hobby since we last spoke back when you’d only just got PopEye and were building your man-cave if I recall correctly? Fair play fella, lovely to see how deep into the hobby and collecting your own machines you’ve gotten. Really enjoying your videos, enthusiasm and knowledge.

Does that mean Monster Bash LE's as well as or just SE on the re-run?

I don't believe they're doing the classic one. I'm unsure which precise model but it will have the larger screen.

Ah I see, that’s great to hear. Is it a three-skew release model. E.g. Classic or Standard, Special Edition and Limited Edition?

By the way mate, just working my way through all the pinball podcasts you’ve created. Man, you have been busy in the hobby since we last spoke back when you’d only just got PopEye and were building your man-cave if I recall correctly? Fair play fella, lovely to see how deep into the hobby and collecting your own machines you’ve gotten. Really enjoying your videos, enthusiasm and knowledge.

Thanks mate, that's very kind of you.

It's such a great hobby. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed meeting new mates and playing loads of games. I never thought I'd be able to own one game never mind have multiple titles and a pin shed at the bottom of the garden . . . crazy really.

pretty sure they sold out of LE's so they might do a "royal" style edition Ala MM but my guess is that it will just be more SE's.

Neil

Back
Top Bottom