What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Monster Bash & Bram Stokers Dracula (Williams)

Expired Due to no activity
Trust me, there is no winning possible in this situation. No matter what I do I'm guaranteed to be in the wrong,,,,,,

Pretty sure when they interviewed me they just assumed I was a very ugly woman, it's an easy mistake to make.

True story - we had a PE teacher who came to interview and was subsequently employed. The school assumed he was a woman rather than a man when replying to his application as he was called Ashley. Proving PE teachers are also not the smartest sometimes he also didn't realise his interview was at a girls' school as his girlfriend had filled out the application for him. Would have loved to have seen how that interview went. Students absolutely loved him though as he was the only man under 30 in the school.

Sorry to the OP as this thread has now derailed somewhat......

We need more details!
We need more details!

Hi Ian (seller) here. If someone makes a ludicrous offer why do they get upset when the seller replies in the same manner.

Both machines are available to view and play so if anyone is interested please ask to view. Both machines are in full working order.

P.S. Chris B wasn't the buyer that pulled out.

it wasnt a stupid offer £5500 i think is a fair offer for 2 ex arcade warehouse average pins
so i dont think there was any need for a nob head reply maybe i am looking for a bit more than that would have been fine

£5,300 actually Chris and as I said - I've been offered more than that for MB on its own. Not looking for a spat but having been offered £7k previously, your offer was way too low.

He wants £8K apparently, and as the seller he gets to ask whatever he wants for them.

We will all have to wait and see if the market is prepared to pay that or not (i.e. If someone with deep pockets is around). If not, then presumably he will either lower the price or keep hold of them.

I sold a MB for 4100 and a BSD for 1400 (both within the last about 18 months) so Chris' offer woulda been good for me, but since then apparently prices went up. Or something. Certainly wasn't an insulting offer anyway.

It's strange really in that NIB prices have gone up for obvious reasons. But, seems like everyone asking for higher prices and the worst thing is that it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy:(

Typical as I am now after games like MB!!

I saw a minter for £4K two years ago in Sweden. I thought that was pricey at the time.

Well after almost a month, the proposed buyer has just told me he hasn't got the money. Was very apologetic but had asked me to wait till the end of this month for payment.

Ho hum.

So, his offer (that I accepted) was £7,000 for the pair so that's the latest offer price. Let me know if you want to view the machines or make an offer.

Those of you who messaged me separately, I would be interested to hear from you again.

Thanks,

Ian
It's not 8K for MB.

The OP has stated that he will take 7K for the pair.

Seriously though guys I think *yet again* we need to stop discussing the prices/merits of games in members For Sale threads.

It's not 8K for MB.

The OP has stated that he will take 7K for the pair.

Seriously though guys I think *yet again* we need to stop discussing the prices/merits of games in members For Sale threads.
Ah right. Well that isn't so bad then and you are right about messing with folk's threads. :thumbs:

it wasnt a stupid offer £5500 i think is a fair offer for 2 ex arcade warehouse average pins
so i dont think there was any need for a nob head reply maybe i am looking for a bit more than that would have been fine

arcade warehouse kinda stops the conversation dead 5.5k more than fair

Just out of interest, @Ian Lever how much did you pay for that Monster Bash? I'm intrigued as I've seen plenty of these, many worse and many better - the condition of the scoop is often a decent reference point.

What are those holes in the playfield in your last MB photo, on the right on the wolfman's face?
IMG_2823.JPG

Last edited:
The UK pinball scene is reasonably small. MBs were £4K 18months ago and would go back to that if people refused to pay silly money for them

i wanna find out if the OP is going all out for top dollar because he got shafted on his purchase price, which is my guess and would be understandable in a way, rather than he paid 'normal price' for it (4-4.5K) and is hoping to make a fat profit or to 'get back what it owes', or other such strange phrases people use to justify adding on the cost of transport, bulbs, mods, time spent cleaning it etc etc etc...

i know this thread has already gone all messy as it started badly, so sorry for making it worse. when people buy at inflated prices they often get surprised and then disappointed when they come here and try to sell for the same as they paid. it's a shame for them, but to anyone watching, no, this is not the standard pricing of a MB, it's the pricing for a machine that's been stripped down, rebuilt with loads of new parts, probably also includes a shaker, colour DMD, invisiglass, pinsound board, newly decalled pristine cabinet, new legs, and other justifiably expensive extras. i don't see any of those here, so ......

good luck with sale

And truth in that if people STOP paying silly prices, the recent price bump on old games can fade away.

Christ, I had assumed the machines were pristine....only just had a chance to view the pictures. Take the £5500 and run!

Drac looks well hammered judging by the flipper buttons, and I love the backbox hinge bolt - looks like it came straight of Frankenstein's neck from the monster bash LOL!!!

Also keen to know what the 2 holes are in wolfman @cooldan - seems to have gone very quiet ?

Just out of interest, @Ian Lever how much did you pay for that Monster Bash? I'm intrigued as I've seen plenty of these, many worse and many better - the condition of the scoop is often a decent reference point.

What are those holes in the playfield in your last MB photo, on the right on the wolfman's face?
View attachment 38023

The holes appear to be normal. No idea why they are there though. Pic from IPDB:
MB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom