What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Molex adhesive

deathrow

Registered
Ok so I cannot seem to buy 28+ pin 0.1”/2.54mm pitch crimp terminal housings
Gpe and others aren’t shipping to the uk

Rsonline, mouser etc etc don’t have suitable stock

Ive tried a few glue options to extend the length by joining housings together but with limited success:

superglue is very brittle and likely to degrade and fail (tried both with abrasions and without)
Araldite and other 2 part epoxy is very strong with its pull strength but very brittle with flex and will likely fail with unplugging and plugging back in over time
B7000 is a great glue but although it has some flex it’s just not got the teeth for such a small contact area

what have others tried?

I’m sure I’m not the only one to explore this avenue and test a few adhesives

Id like a product that cements them together super strong (shamefully I tried model glue with obvious results)

Thanks

am I missing something here ? Why do you need them glued together ? Just for convenience of keeping it all in the one connector?

Two 15 pin connectors is just as good as 1 x 30 pin connector if you can’t get 30 pin connectors.

Maybe I’m just easily pleased ?

am I missing something here ? Why do you need them glued together ? Just for convenience of keeping it all in the one connector?

Two 15 pin connectors is just as good as 1 x 30 pin connector if you can’t get 30 pin connectors.

Maybe I’m just easily pleased ?

It’s for longevity etc

I’ve come across pins for resto/repair where people have fitted two plugs instead of one and they have ended up being plugged into the wrong places causing a lot of damage
This wouldn’t really effect me as I’d know the positions etc but another owner down the line could end up with a very expensive repair when plugging things in after shipping etc
Pins change owners fairly frequently?

perhaps I’m just too fussy worrying so much about plugs when the rest of the machine needs much work lol

What about polystyrene cement? it is used in model making, and kind of melts in with the plastic

I'm with #biglan on this one.

Use two connectors and devise a foolproof method of preventing them from being wrongly connected[emoji16]

Seriously though, I dont think you are going to find an adhesive solution. The joint is too small. And it would probably look ****. Which would annoy me more than having separate connectors[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom