What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modern reviews of classic games....

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
We all know every game that gets released now pretty much gets trashed on the internet by people who either haven't played it or play it with proto code. This got me thinking about how some of our beloved games would have been received if the internet had been a factor when they were released.

So here goes. What game would this be?

"Well lets start with the good stuff - the cabinet looks great but yet again Bally seem to have gone through a cost cutting exercise. Just two flippers - guess that saved them some money. Playfield looks good but the top half is hidden by a large plastic ramp. Yes, that's right, plastic, cost cutting again, where are our metal ramps? Horrible music, midi instrumental files used instead of the real thing. No bash toy, no magnets. Who will this theme appeal to? Got to be at least 30 years too late. How can they charge £2000 for this? Worst thing - a 2 ball multiball. Are they trying to save 5c on an extra ball. Worst game ever!"

OK guys over to you...... name the game and then post another review

2 flippers again. Cheep skates. No backbox insert panel - horrendous plastic panel attached to backglass idea stolen from UK fruit machines. Very empty lower playfield and only one motor toy . artwork a bit plain . worst of all theme obviously based on a current hit movie without the expense of the license.

Spot on. When I first saw AFM when new next to JM at a trade show I thought it looked very basic compared to JM and spent my time playing that

"This will be an instant classic. Fantastic theme and wow what phenomenal rules. You can't fail to be wowed by this incredible design, there's shots to aim everywhere, a raft or ramps and loops, and even a fantastic mech that literally rises from the playfield itself to lock balls and start multiball!!! I predict this will be a game to set the standard for years to come. 9.8 points scored. "

That's got to be your favourite X - Files

So

"Utter crap game......The magnets just throw the ball straight down the middle or lock on and burn the playfield. I predict this will be an utter disaster"

That's got to be your favourite X - Files

So

"Utter crap game......The magnets just throw the ball straight down the middle or lock on and burn the playfield. I predict this will be an utter disaster"
"They will be lucky to sell 100 of these !" :cool:

Back
Top Bottom