What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Mod Power Expander Board for WPC and WPC-95 Games

Expired Due to no activity
Thanks. It's kindof hard to see the wiring on my phone. Is what you received completely plug and play? You didn't have to splice wires or push them into connectors or anything like that?

Again sorry for the dumb questions but my electrical knowledge is next to non-existant.

Thanks
It took me ten minutes to fit it came with pins on the brown and blue cable unplug the transformer push the pins in they click into place then plug transformer back in, the new transformer sits at back of the machine as shown in photo you can locate the new board anywhere i wanted it near all the other boards.

I had trouble with my 12v supply colour dmd and a topper over loaded it with this board it’s been trouble free.

Worth every penny

Thanks. It's kindof hard to see the wiring on my phone. Is what you received completely plug and play? You didn't have to splice wires or push them into connectors or anything like that?

Again sorry for the dumb questions but my electrical knowledge is next to non-existant.

Thanks
Completely plug a play.... very easy

So I would need one on these if I mod my Creech? I have a small LCD TV mod which shows clips from CFTBL and I will be changing to a colour DMD. Dedicated supply rather than through the boards?

So I would need one on these if I mod my Creech? I have a small LCD TV mod which shows clips from CFTBL and I will be changing to a colour DMD. Dedicated supply rather than through the boards?

Yes single power supply feeds the board in the backbox which has place for 8 mods you can buy just the 12v or you can opt for the 12v and 5v depends on what mods you are fitting

I can only speak what happened to me my colour DMD had been running well but! Adding my topper was to much for my 12v supply as a result the game was playing up, with the new board added i removed the dmd and topper which is now supplied separately I’m trouble free.

I will be buying another for my wh20 ready for the colour dmd and any other mods I choose

Love this idea to take the stress off the board !!
So my question is can these boards fit a system 11 game ? And if so how ?

Thanks

If you want a copy of the install instructions emailing no problem so you can see if it's a mod for you or not. Don't think there's anything complicated about the install though and everyone with one has been very happy. If you are unsure on installation though get a friend to help

Don't have any at the moment but always wanted to fit a topper and led speaker lights on my Diner !!

It should work in any game era really with a universal country mains transformer, would just need to check the transformer plugs to see where the power lead should be connected.

Having checked a system 11 manual (whirlwind), its the same as a wpc transformer wiring plug so the kit will work as is for these to

Don't have any at the moment but always wanted to fit a topper and led speaker lights on my Diner !!
I’m sure all mods that use leds are 12v so that’s perfect, you need the new transformer that supplies the new 12v board to switch on at the same time as the machine, tapping into the 240v supply after the switch.

I did add photos on a previous thread of my TZ. For the sake of £60 I shall be putting into my next pin when I get another colour Dmd. I then have options for more 12v mods for the future

Ok I've pulled the trigger on one of these, think I understand how it wires up :)

Would it be a good idea to buy a load of 4 pin connectors to put over the ports I'm not using? (and mods that present a passthrough power connector - most seem to)

I will need 12 and 5v. My TV mod arrived today for my Creech and its 5v.

I will need 12 and 5v. My TV mod arrived today for my Creech and its 5v.View attachment 79042
My TZ needed 12v and 5v as well for the topper I bought, I binned the 5v transformer that came with the topper I paid the extra £20 for the 5v to be added, switch the TZ on! the topper LEDs and display switch on at the same time.

Perfect

Struggling to wire this up properly, the transformer plug is different to the instructions @myPinballs gave me. My orange (one of) and white pin are transposed to the right by one compared to the installation guide.

Install guide:

My cable:

My line filter (?) box is further to the right on mine than @Happypin's photos to the point where the earth connection from the power cable doesn't reach the grounding point. I've reworked the cable a bit to make the earth lead longer...

Looks pretty ghetto :(

Thoughts?

If it's relevant this pin came from Europe (Italy to be specific)

Last edited:
Struggling to wire this up properly, the transformer plug is different to the instructions @myPinballs gave me. My orange (one of) and white pin are transposed to the right by one compared to the installation guide.

Install guide:
View attachment 80440

My cable:
View attachment 80438

View attachment 80439

My line filter (?) box is further to the right on mine than @Happypin's photos to the point where the earth connection from the power cable doesn't reach the grounding point. I've reworked the cable a bit to make the earth lead longer...

View attachment 80443

Thoughts?

i'm out of the country right now on a work trip, but i'll check this when i get back home, friday evening. The transformer plug is certainly not Uk spec..

Thanks.

I'll have a look at my male socket tomorrow and compare it against my TZ, it's possible that it's pinned wrong?

Obviously didn't want to insert the blue and brown pins into the holes suggested by the instructions once it became clear my female plug didn't match the diagram.

Last edited:

Install guide:
View attachment 80440

My cable:
View attachment 80438

View attachment 80439

View attachment 80443

Thoughts?

I’m also away for the weekend mypinball is the man to work this out, mine was as the diagram showed.

I'll post this in a different thread, don't want to pollute this sale thread. Thanks :)

I still haven’t forgotten I bought two :) I’ll grab them when I’m better and replace the 12v units I got off eBay (mostly to drive the excellent tz topper with lcd panel).

I still haven’t forgotten I bought two :) I’ll grab them when I’m better and replace the 12v units I got off eBay (mostly to drive the excellent tz topper with lcd panel).

To be honest I could do with posting them out along with the driver board of yours. Taking up space

Any more of these left ? i could use a few complete sets

You order is shipping today. Had to wait for power supplies as they were on back order from the manufacturer, but we are back shipping again now.

Other people who are waiting to, your orders will start to despatch now to :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom