What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MMr colour screen video

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield

I'll fully admit to being totally ****d off about MMr and the time delays.

However, I've got to admit that this looks ****ing cool. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Still big question marks about who has to pay for it. At one time it was meant to be free.

While I love color DMD and some of the work they've done (especially in AFM) this does take it to the next level. Got a feeling that it's going to hit me badly in the wallet though :eek:.

Let's start the bets rolling. I suspect it will cost $500 on top of the machine. If there are only 1000 remakes then that's only $50k for someone to have been employed to do this.

Also massively raises the bar for the new Stern animation and JJP #3 machine. I'm sure the hobbit animation will be great as it comes from the film but their original theme artwork now has to look better than this.

Finally increased competition might be working in the buyers favour.:)

Rudi,

Here's the difference. I'm not knocking colordmd as it's a great product but there has been a massive jump in terms of quality
img_f.pinside.com_201508_2645430_445144_i.png
img_f.pinside.com_201508_2645445_445150_i.jpg

couldn't find a MM but the upscaling ones kind of look like thiswww.ministryofpinball.nl_media_slideshow_slide_5_colordmd.png

Can you tell I'm excited?:clap: Until today I was really regretting my purchase

Kind of like the jump from 8bit to 16bit consoles. Looks really good but how much will it sting the old wallet, wasnt it supposed to be a free upgrade for LE owners anyway?

Oh wow, this has put the cat amongst the pigeons. A game changer for the whole remake model.

Can you imagine MB done like this? Shame NIB prices just keep going up....

is it just a software upgrade ( that will need paying for ) or is there additional hardware required?

Does look amazing though.

Listening to the last Coast 2 Coast and he was talking about MMR and Chicago Gaming Company. He thinks that they could have a line of 2 or 3 other pins to remake, and suggests a few possible titles not wanting to build anyone's hopes up @Mooseman but give it a listen for yourself and start saving for a new pin!

Podcast on iTunes, it's his latest one no.189. He talks about MMR and the future of Chicago Gaming Company. Can I request first shout on your AFM if it turns out to be true?

Ive got an afm you've played it. Won't be buying another I don't think unless I have to let this one go

Sorry, not being clear. In the podcast he's talking about Chicago Gaming Company making more games after MMR and said that AFM and MB could follow (his thoughts).

I was reading on the forum about this before I went away, nothing was finished yet or shown as of last week. They said they were releasing it to MMr owners as a hardware upgrade (to justify a price I feel) but no mention of price, speculation was that it would be not too expensive, if it was then pitch forks would be grabbed and the riots would start but they are a little sensitive over the pond or seem to be as I read.
Yes my wallet will be out for this and I am going now to see more about it, ideally it will be installed when my machine finally arrives!
Does look good but hoping for less than £100 :cuckoo:

£100 seems optimistic I would say :(

They've hired a company full of artists and programmers to make these fancy dots, and promised them payment (in part) by commission.

Does look awesome though, and makes even those normal color dmds look crap. Stern have got to be feeling the pressure now!

Does look awesome though, and makes even those normal color dmds look crap. Stern have got to be feeling the pressure now!

Could ColorDMD do this type of thing? It does look good, i'll admit that.

I assumed ColorDMD had its 'memory bank' of coloured frames that match those coming from the game, which is what you load on via USB to customise it per game - so it just reads what's being displayed and puts up it's own version. But then how would it cope with scores etc - that must be software controlling a colour mask or whatever. Anyway, my point is, for those frames where it simply converts 4 (WPC) or 16 (Stern) shades to colour, couldn't they just increase the resolution a bit, like this? Easier on older less fancy DMD games.

I found the display on WOZ a bit too much! Impressive, but too busy. Massive potential though, in the right designers' hands.

I think this looks ace too. I prefer a DMD to a video screen so this is like optimised colour dots - I musta seen that clip a hundred times before with the dragon getting its head chopped off, but I never realised what I was watching until I saw this video.

I expect of the MMR buyers like it, the makers will release it as a mod for anyone with a MM. Is there anything confirming or denying that in the paperwork for you MMR buyers?

looks great, hope they do release it for the original too

Back
Top Bottom