What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirco IJ next

M4carp

Site Supporter
Alias
Lostcause
Mirco are doing the playfield and Radcals next for release in about January.

Posted on Pinside

Hi,
I have decided to start a preorder list for the Indiana Jones playfield set and same for radcals. As my available production capacity for repro playfields is very limited right now I don't want to run into a big delay disaster once they become available.
The current status is that the art is ready, and a preproduction run is printed. The cad file is almost done.
The art for the radcals is in progress but will take some more time.
Pricing:
Playfield set main and mini - 999 usd shipped to USA and Canada
Radcals 369 usd shipped
Playfield and radcal combo 1249 usd shipped.
It is not possible to order or pay right now and I will not take any kind of payment. I would just like to have an average for the demand.
Please do not PM me here, but send me an email to mircoplayfields et gmail dot com
Please put in the header what combo you are looking for.
I will have pictures once the product is ready.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Regards,
Mirco

Can someone give me the quick background this? I assume this guy makes repro Playfields for old games? What is the quality like?

I don't have an IJ, so its more just general interest.

Not heard anything really positive about any repro playfields, they look good but seem to have clearcoat issues like insert ghosting, cracking and too soft.
Im only after the Radcals thankfully.

I had asked about these when I had the IJ and September was the date they were going to be ready.
I must say the Radcals look great but having a Stern for the first time I'm not impressed with the soft coat of clear they put on.
They dimple really easily and ripple with pressure points.

I had asked about these when I had the IJ and September was the date they were going to be ready.
I must say the Radcals look great but having a Stern for the first time I'm not impressed with the soft coat of clear they put on.
They dimple really easily and ripple with pressure points.

Be interesting to see how these wear, most machines here are probably HUO so not getting hammered but just don’t remove the posts😬

”The plan is to have them available on January...”

Fingers crossed as even my son said my faded IJ was a bit out of place, luckily the cab is solid so should be straight forward.

Be interesting to see how these wear, most machines here are probably HUO so not getting hammered but just don’t remove the posts😬

”The plan is to have them available on January...”

Fingers crossed as even my son said my faded IJ was a bit out of place, luckily the cab is solid so should be straight forward.

The other option is to stick a playfield protector on your IJ.
Thats what I ended up doing on the one I had.
Looked ten times better and had the shine to it.

The other option is to stick a playfield protector on your IJ.
Thats what I ended up doing on the one I had.
Looked ten times better and had the shine to it.
I just had one delivered for my FT, had a 20% off code. Bit of insert wear but mainly because it has some Mylar running down from casters club that can make the ball drain down the middle, hoping it will go over it ok. Got one on my BSD and dont notice it’s on there except for the extra shine☺️
IJ isn’t bad at all with minor insert edge wear that I touched in with a Halfords touch up pen and is ok.
Rather than a repro playfield think I would rather touch up and cover with the protector, couldn’t take the stress of using a new playfield and possible issues.

JJP assure me this is resolved now. So it’s just down to what Stern do, and they say they have resolved it also.... but Mirco made these melting playfields for JJP and I’ve seen it on others he’s done. We’ve just finished a STNG and that playfield was perfect.

JJP assure me this is resolved now. So it’s just down to what Stern do, and they say they have resolved it also.... but Mirco made these melting playfields for JJP and I’ve seen it on others he’s done. We’ve just finished a STNG and that playfield was perfect.

STNG is a recent addition to his list of playfields as is the IJ so should have the same treatment.
I guess just old stock will still have the problems.
I cant see Mirco trashing a load of stock.

STNG is a recent addition to his list of playfields as is the IJ so should have the same treatment.
I guess just old stock will still have the problems.
I cant see Mirco trashing a load of stock.

How recent is recent though? CFTBL was only announced recently and someone has posted sinking post issues of that on pinside.

Back
Top Bottom