What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Minty NGG

Strange, I thought accepting Paypal was mandatory too but when I create a listing I can deselect Paypal in the Payment options section :hmm:

Strange, I thought accepting Paypal was mandatory too but when I create a listing I can deselect Paypal in the Payment options section :hmm:

Unfortunately I can't - it just lists paypal and then a dropdown underneath of which paypal email to use but no option to turn it off.

Looking at other auctions seems most people have the same.

As already said - you have to list paypal as a payment option, however put in the listing and check out instructions not to pay that way.

For me - if I loose a sale and have to refund the paypal payment it does not really cost you anything. The other party could leave you a negative feedback point but again - I would much rather have this than be £x out of pocket.

An ebay buyer can contact you and moan within 6 months of the purchase and abay will side with them. Had someone buy a guitar - he used it (heavily) and dented it badly for 5 months. Got in touch with ebay as he said it was 'not as described - incorrect colour'. He returned the guitar (without the case as well as wrecked) and paypal immediately refunded him.

@Sam C - it is also worth posting on Facebook market place as well.

So guys, is the basic strategy with selling on ebay these days

1. Stress in advert collect only
2. State cash or bacs on collection only
3. If someone paypals you, you return the money and risk the -ve feedback

?

Thanks

?

Thanks
Yes mate.
That is why it is very rare I sell anything big now on ebay. Facebook market place or here for me.

?

Thanks
I sold a snap-on tool box a week ago I stated very Clearly cash on collection, thought it would sell for about £300 ended up at £500 he paid very quickly PayPal... the charges was only £15 £1 final listing fees for the sake of £15 it’s not worth worrying.
another item sold £60 again cash on collection I wrote he changed his mind, I wish I had insisted On PayPal on that one.

i listed yesterday and when i unticked the paypal. it wouldn’t let me carry on.

seems hit n miss

but as others have said. just refund any paypal payments you don’t want to accept

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Sam C

I watched your NGG on ebay and noticed you automatically re-listed it so i’m gonna nudge you a bit here as you had originally put it on £1 final value fees. That offer doesn’t apply when you automatically re-list and if someone buys now you’re getting hit with full ebay fees. I see in my ebay account they have added £1 final value fee again this weekend so you might want to can your original listing, accept the £1 listing fee offer if you have it, and then list it again.
Hope you get it away. It looks lovely and I wouldn’t mind a NGG but yours is sadly out of my bracket but i fully agree its worth what your asking. GLWS. And good luck with ebay - sold Afterburner a few months back and had a horrible week of idiotic questions which almost hit 3 figures in private mails - soul destroying.

@Sam C

I watched your NGG on ebay and noticed you automatically re-listed it so i’m gonna nudge you a bit here as you had originally put it on £1 final value fees. That offer doesn’t apply when you automatically re-list and if someone buys now you’re getting hit with full ebay fees. I see in my ebay account they have added £1 final value fee again this weekend so you might want to can your original listing, accept the £1 listing fee offer if you have it, and then list it again.
Hope you get it away. It looks lovely and I wouldn’t mind a NGG but yours is sadly out of my bracket but i fully agree its worth what your asking. GLWS. And good luck with ebay - sold Afterburner a few months back and had a horrible week of idiotic questions which almost hit 3 figures in private mails - soul destroying.

Thanks for the advice. It did say though "We'll automatically relist your item up to 7 times for free if it doesn't sell." And I didn't set it to automatically relist. Will have a look tomorrow when I have some time.

Yes Sam, they will relist for free but it’s the final value fee that you had a £1 deal on which you will only get if it sells during the first listing period.
So when it gets automatically relisted it’s classed as a new listing even though it’s free to list you would then have to pay normal seller fees according to how much it sells for.
They have sent another offer today for £1 final value fees until Monday.
I would suggest ending your relisting and accepting the new £1 final value offer and doing it as a new listing but keeping all the original info, it’s easy to do.
Great machine just strange times my friend

Cut and paste from the £1 listing fees.....

Items that are automatically relisted through the Automatic relist function or the Good 'Till Cancelled function will be charged......

So they won’t charge you for re-listing it but they will charge you if it sells. Welcome to the ebay minefield.

To clarify what I’m saying is, if i buy it now for £3500 from you, ebay will take £350 off that, whereas if you accept their £1 offer and list it again, you’ll pay £1 and not £350. Just trying to help as i’ve been through this before and read the small print and realised it wasn’t as clear cut as 7 free listings suggested.

Last edited:
Cheers all. Gonna pull it off for now and relist when I got some time and get offered more £1 fees. Away at the moment so can't really sort it out.

Will say FINAL drop here to £3250 to pique any interest if anyone's been looking and on the fence. Absolutely will not go lower than this :)

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but for anyone who missed it and is thinking of taking advantage of the £1 final fee "Put it up with a Buy it Now price so the promotion lasts 28 days, but also enable offers so you can accept the price you would be willing to let it go for". This gives you 28 days to take advantage of offer.

Back
Top Bottom