What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Minty NGG

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
Hi all,

Had this just over a year and looking to trade for something else as I've had my fun with it. Probably the nicest NGG I've ever clapped eyes on. Restored extensively in this thread here and has had a bit more done to it (mostly cosmetics from what I know) since then. I will try to list the long list of mods below but apologies if I miss some...
  • Topper
  • LED's (90% or so)
  • Clear playfield overlay
  • Blue powdercoated legs, rails and bolts
  • Cliffy's in the appropriate places
  • Colour DMD
  • Custom golf ball shooter rod
  • Inner cab side art
  • The rest like super bands, led strip up the back to light it better, coloured rubbers (I think titans) in the right places. I think a few mechanical fixes as the previous owner told me one of the gofers started sticking up so he put a new mech in.
Hopefully the pics below show the game off well, some glare on the glass due to the reflection of the topper. If you want better playfield pics/backbox etc I'll take the glass off and update the thread but the game is stunning all over. Has played flawlessly since I got it (only issue is sometimes the captive ball sticks on the cliffy with a gentle shot, can be removed if you find it a common issue but has only happened to me 3-4 times). Ideally would like to offer up as a trade first with cash your way or mine (Potentially interested in anything I have not owned system 11 and up but ideally would like a modern stern like BKSOR/GOTG/IMDN with the new display with cash your way).

With all the mods and considering prices I was offered machines at when I was looking at one of these I'd value the game at £4000 but open to sensible offers if no trades are forthcoming and I decide to outright sell it. DM me what you've got if you're interested! Happy to use Martin etc can't deliver myself as no suitable vehicle (unless you're pretty local then I might be able to strong-arm a friend into helping). Ideally not looking to put more than £1500 towards whatever you're offering.

Plenty of pics below, video of game being played here.

20200901_173601.jpg

20200901_173608.jpg

20200901_173619.jpg

20200901_173623.jpg

20200901_173628.jpg
20200901_173640.jpg
20200901_173653.jpg
20200901_173658.jpg

I have seen and played this machine and I can honestly say it is the best NGG I have seen and played. It really is a peach.
The photos don’t do it justice.
GLWS

Still interested in a trade but changing this to for sale as not had any DM's regarding one.

Price £4000 but sensible offers considered.

Still not had a single DM about this game, not even low offer punts so I assume no one wants one at the moment. Final drop £3500 and it either stays with me or goes to fleabay/facebook market place!

Agreed, delayed house move is holding up buying my first pin otherwise I would have been all over this. Played this loads on pinball arcade and is a great game. I hope you find a buyer quick before I do something stupid!

Maybe it's just a bad time. I really like it and have thought about it several times but with limited space for only one more machine I've been keeping my powder dry.

I bet quite a few have looked at it and been tempted. I do think it's a funny time for selling pins.

It's peachy though and looks like a lot of fun.

Still not had a single DM about this game, not even low offer punts so I assume no one wants one at the moment.

Weird that you've not even had any low ball offers although NGG can be a bit of a marmite game. I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear but I think your price is very strong for a NGG even in mint condition and maybe that's been putting people off making any sort of offer :hmm:

If you need to get that sort of money out of it then maybe try again closer to Christmas or, like you say, stick it on eBay, FB etc :thumbs:

Thanks all, I figured the game was priced accordingly as when I went looking for this last year I was offered 3 at £3250, £3500 and £4000 so considering the condition I feel 3500 is more than a fair price. As @Gonzo says perhaps it is just the wrong time to be trying to sell but I've seen games come and go the past few weeks. I'll keep the for sale ad going unless I move it on elsewhere.

Put it on eBay. HLD will snap it up within the hour. Then come back here and suddenly everyone will tell you they wanted it but forgot to say.

Tempted to, just never stuck a pin on eBay before. Any do's and dont's to know about? (Also if someone pays via paypal, I assume ebay are going to take a giant cut of the sale).

Tempted to, just never stuck a pin on eBay before. Any do's and dont's to know about? (Also if someone pays via paypal, I assume ebay are going to take a giant cut of the sale).

Never ever take payment by PayPal on a pinball machine. Not only will you get charged what 5% fees? But the buyer can then file a claim and chargeback that the item never arrived. Only ever deal in cash or BACS bank transfer.

HLD didnt want my NGG. Not a popular title with their customer base I was the answer. They DO like WC94 though!

Never ever take payment by PayPal on a pinball machine. Not only will you get charged what 5% fees? But the buyer can then file a claim and chargeback that the item never arrived. Only ever deal in cash or BACS bank transfer.
Agreed, wait for eBay £1 max selling fee then payment on collection, you've got nothing to lose. Put it up with a Buy it Now price so the promotion lasts 28 days, but also enable offers so you can accept the price you would be willing to let it go for.

The £1 max selling fee promotions are quite random, I've had 2 in the last 2 weekends, even when I've already got items listed.

This was one of my favourite tables when I played Pinball Arcade.

Probably worth nearer asking for someone who wants a high end, lovely NGG. Unfortunately for OP no one in that market atm.

Been one up local to me on eBay for 6 months at 3500 and hasn’t sold , I think ngg is a 2800 game. Not trying to hijack or lowball just trying to help you out

I agree, but I paid more for this one and I'm not desperate enough yet for me to take a loss, it can happily sit with me until a buyer comes along. As @James says just nobody wants one so I can wait until someone does :thumbs:

Fyi, just spotted £1 selling offer in my Ebay today through Monday :thumbs:

Fyi, just spotted £1 selling offer in my Ebay today through Monday :thumbs:

Popped it up, just a question for anyone in the know. If a buyer DOES pay by paypal (as there is no option to remove it, only to add "Cash on collection" whats protocol there?

You have to offer PayPal as an option as it is Ebay policy.However,stipulate on item description that it is cash on collection or bank transfer unless they want to pay 3.4% on top of asking price.If they have paid by PayPal,contact them and refund them through PayPal.On a £4000 machine it will be just short of £140 quid on top.Also offer collection through Martin at £95

Don’t take PayPal full stop.

They can collect the machine. Get in touch with eBay saying ‘they have not had the item’ and they will get the money back. It is a pretty old scam to be fair

You have to offer PayPal as an option as it is Ebay policy.However,stipulate on item description that it is cash on collection or bank transfer unless they want to pay 3.4% on top of asking price.If they have paid by PayPal,contact them and refund them through PayPal.On a £4000 machine it will be just short of £140 quid on top.Also offer collection through Martin at £95

Thanks, I have done that - I stipulated payment by BACS or cash on collection only. I think Martin is £105ish now for collection so I let them know there is a courier available at that price.

Don’t take PayPal full stop.

They can collect the machine. Get in touch with eBay saying ‘they have not had the item’ and they will get the money back. It is a pretty old scam to be fair

Unfortunately there is absolutely no way to remove paypal as a payment option, as a @RyzKey said I think the only thing you can do is stipulate it has to be cash on collection or BACS.

Cheers all, will see how it goes :)

Back
Top Bottom