What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Mint Zaccaria Farfalla Back Glass or details of where to obtain please

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
As above. I have one but it is in a pretty poor state and it is a shame that such a beautiful pin should suffer a dodgy back glass.

If you have one for sale or know where i can get one from that would be great.

Remember a pin is for life kids, not just for Christmas!

Thanks

JB

He got banned from here mate for being a tw*t :thumbs: I'm sure you'll get plenty of other people responding to warn you off him.....I wouldn't deal with him. BG Resto in the US or Coos in Holland are the two main guys for repro's but not cheap.

Just seen this chap in the UK: -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184436698389

Any experience? Is he on here?

Deals-are-me
Andrew Backhouse
22 Wartling Close
St. Leonards-on-Sea
East Sussex
TN38 9QX
United Kingdom
Email:a.v.backhouse@btinternet.com
He got banned from here mate for being a tw*t :thumbs: I'm sure you'll get plenty of other people responding to warn you off him.....I wouldn't deal with him. BG Resto in the US or Coos in Holland are the two main guys for repro's but not cheap.

Cheers Bud. Got any links for coos, thank you please - google says no... Okay will avoid him - thank you. BG Resto seems to restore damaged ones not new ones - maybe i am wrong?

Or Mayfair or shay. Still after flipper bats? I have some red ones somewhere but they are repros so may be brittle.
Hiya stranger :) You going to Pin fest, Tel going too? I may be sorted - fingers crossed, the Italian guy says he can sort - just after some pictures of what he has done. Next issue I guess will be me fitting the metal work to the top and bottom of the glass. Farfalla has the usual lip at the bottom for removing etc, but also has a metal protector at the top for the lock i guess.. I also need to figure out how to stop the Neon making contact with the art work and burning it - was thinking some sort of removable plastic ring to go over the tube so it never makes contact.

on my last few pots of metal work to tumble, then i can clean up the playfield, then the body then start to put back together. :)
JB

PS, i like your signature - yes we have no bananas.. :) I still have a shaker to fit to an EM when i get a minute. :)

Plus one for pinball backglass 80 in Italy. Got my Rocky glass from him. Nice quality, well packaged and great communication

Plus one for pinball backglass 80 in Italy. Got my Rocky glass from him. Nice quality, well packaged and great communication
I assume he does not re fit any metal work to the glass? Assuming you did it? What glue did you use?

No he doesn’t mate, I asked the same thing. However good old @new forest pinball has a variety of trims available. I haven’t tried to install mine yet though
I looked on other UK sites, even found a thread here about the Lift Trim. https://pinparts.co.uk/products/p-6242-107-steel-lift-trim-for-18-glass

He said the glass he works on is 6mm, which seems larger than than 3/16ths. I can't imagine he would work on a glass that cannot be trimmed?

@Moonraker did you refit the steel up lift bar to the backglass? If so what did you use and where'd you get it form please?

I have had two backglasses from coos, both mirrored and really nice. he printed them in the correct thickness glass as per original, my two were different thicknesses. he’s very approachable. he went out and found a mate who had a decent quality goldball backglass so he could scan it to make mine. i could have got it a bit cheaper from cpr, but wanted to give him the work.

i believe andrew backhouse just uses coos anyway.

Coos got back to me this morning. Worryingly he said the Farfalla glass is mirrored. Now i thought mirrored meant reflective in places? But i guess i am wrong? What do they mean by mirrored? Multiple prints on the back to allow light to shine through in the right areas? Or is has he got the wrong end of the pinball shaft?

Just checked again and glass has no mirroring that i can see. The artwork has a white covering on the reverse in the same pattern / silhouette as the artwork. Anyway i have asked to be sure.

I went with Marco, he says could be here next week :)

FYI a few details:

Ships within 4 - 7 working days
Prints on 4mm tempered glass
Accepts bank transfer or paypal
Doesn't supply any metal work

His pricing details etc attached.

Thanks All.

Attachments

• Pinball Backglass EN LIST June21.pdf
    728.9 KB · Views: 16
@Sven Normansson you were right... There are mirrored bits - my bad. Marco does not do mirroring, which is a shame as he seems a top bloke... I was able to cancel my order with him and will go with Coos, if he still wants me :)

Coos Hakvoort in Holland has done Farfella and as far as I know he is literally the only person who does real mirror glasses not grey or silver paint. I know they are not cheap but they are brilliant. His webpage is..https://www.coos.net/bingo_e/index.html Look under for sale and then Backglasses. Good Luck!

yes, have p[laced order with him. I just missed the last run of mirrored, so old back glass it will have to be for PinFest.

Back
Top Bottom