What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ministry of Pinball Issue

MoP are exceptionally busy. Berts communication skills aren’t the best but sometimes it’s hard. Life is like a blur and some customers are never happy. I think he needs more staff.

Us dealers have a list of customers which are “problematic” also!!! Hahahahahaha

Phil

MoP are exceptionally busy. Berts communication skills aren’t the best but sometimes it’s hard. Life is like a blur and some customers are never happy. I think he needs more staff.

Us dealers have a list of customers which are “problematic” also!!! Hahahahahaha

Phil

I would imagine some of the same names would crop up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve used them lots
Twice in the past two months being the most recent
Absolutely no problems with the items or delivery

No boycott from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to contradict, but after what happened to me a boycott is entirely sensible.

You are right that communication is important. But when your emails get ignored. Repeated calls do not resolve it. You have to try other means.

6 months on I am out of pocket on a ramp. Out of pocket on return postage. Still dealing with my credit card co.

I had waited many, many months before raising this on the forum - hoping it might get sorted out.

But my overall experience here should serve as a warning to others. And it seems that I am not alone.

Full case study will follow when this gets resolved.

Friend of mine had a translite issue- sent the wrong one!
After returning at own cost- took a long time to get Money back.

Bert and his partner speak perfect English so you won’t need a translator
Buying parts from Europe is 50-50 thing some are great some not so good if you want the genuine stuff buy directly from the states and don’t moan about the shipping and import duty it’s not the first lot of parts you have moaned about Andypc is it
Chris to be fair I have been ordering an awful lot of parts in the last 18 months as Diner is my Sixth restore. Most things I have ordered have been fine, but have also ordered some parts that have not been quite right. I ordered the Diner Decals from Ministry of Pinball as Planetary Pinball did not have them available at the time. Ministry have accepted that they were not right (picture in first post) and asked me to return them. The issue has been the lack of contact since they got them back.

I now have a set from Planetary Pinball and the quality difference is night and day. That said I have ordered other products from Ministry of Pinball and they have been fine. I got a Theatre of Magic 3D translite from Ministry of Pinball which was a Planetary Pinball product and it was perfect. I didn't know the Diner Decals they supplied were not from Planetary Pinball until I contacted Rick at Planetary about the issue.

Unfortunately a set of Theatre of Magic decals I ordered from Phil at Pinball Heaven got crushed in the post. The difference was that Phil's communication was excellent and he processed the refund as soon as he got them back.

Chris, i'm sure you agree that if you are going to the time and effort of a full restore, you don't want to be fitting decals or parts that are clearly not right.

I am hopeful from the comments made that the issue is just how busy Ministry of Pinball are and they will get round to the refund at some point.

Last edited:
Or they keep an eye out on this forum or have been tipped off. Either way, Good result for all involved.

I've bought across many domains US, UK and EU.
So far you have all delivered on what I want and I thank you for that. UK customs have got better on excise duty from incoming US stuff. Some of the flat rate shipping from the US puts me off. MoP and PC do have some sought after bits and will be pushing an order through to MoP this week in case we crash out of the EU on Friday which is unlikley right?...

I'm after Scared Stiff bumper caps and inserts but they sold out just as I was about to order.

Think Phil should implement giving a sweet or choc bar with his orders ;-). Like those chupachups lollies that MOP send. Forgot how good they were.

I'm after Scared Stiff bumper caps and inserts but they sold out just as I was about to order.

Think Phil should implement giving a sweet or choc bar with his orders ;-). Like those chupachups lollies that MOP send. Forgot how good they were.

Ha he’s northern to tight for free sweets lol

I think it is unfair that one problem on here and people shout BOYCOT and THEY ARE GOING BANKRUPT!

As I said before - phone them - speak to someone - communication is better that way.

If it was one problem...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

People claiming companies going bust or having cash flow issues without supporting the claim can end up in a court room and can actually be part of a problem for a company losing its credit line and customer base. I use 2 companies in Europe and 2 in the UK. All been good to me.

People claiming companies going bust or having cash flow issues without supporting the claim can end up in a court room and can actually be part of a problem for a company losing its credit line and customer base. I use 2 companies in Europe and 2 in the UK. All been good to me.

Companies can do a better job responding to customers, then they don't have to worry about stuff like that happening.

I've used them 3 times without issue and just got some mirror blades from them today. Very happy with the service.

I've used MOP for at least a couple of years and placed 4/5 orders in the last 3 months alone and the products have been perfectly ok.

@Paul I think that it is unfair to single out Ministry of Pinball and make this thread a sticky: the company is legitimate and Bertjan who runs it is one of pinball's good guys. Clearly there have been some problems with one or two orders - I don't know any particular details of both sides of the story - but so do most companies. Maybe it is time to unsticky this thread? If we drive the good guys out of business then who is going to be left?

He tried to shaft me. Was a lot of hassle for me to sort this out. I had many good experiences before my one profoundly bad one.

@Paul I think that it is unfair to single out Ministry of Pinball and make this thread a sticky: the company is legitimate and Bertjan who runs it is one of pinball's good guys. Clearly there have been some problems with one or two orders - I don't know any particular details of both sides of the story - but so do most companies. Maybe it is time to unsticky this thread? If we drive the good guys out of business then who is going to be left?
Paul - The reason for the thread and the sticky was in response to the Bad goods and service/issues that people were seeing when created.

And the post above from @DRD is a good demonstration of this.

I understand that they may be "Good Guys" - however if there are several people that have tried to be reasonable and failed then my thoughts are that this should be called out. This isnt a witch hunt - rather just an awareness thread.

Maybe should change the thread title to include other suppliers too and not just single out MOP, I've had a bad experience with Pinball Center recently and know a few others have too.

Taken out of context, any supplier can be made to look bad. How many orders must they have and how many result in poor service? Personally uses pinball center and MOP (and others) with no issues for many years.
The only bad apple is MAD Amusements and there should be a warning sticky about them.

Back
Top Bottom