What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ministry of Pinball Issue

Andypc

Site Supporter
I purchased cabinet decals for my Williams Diner from Ministry of Pinball in Sept last year. Unfortunately when the person doing my restoration inspected them he was really unhappy with the quality and pointed out some very visible banding effects in the printing. I contacted Ministry of Pinball about the issue and after several e-mails and me sending pictures and video of the issue, they asked me to return them for a full refund.
The decals were sent back tracked and the tracking shows they were delivered to Ministry of Pinball on the 18th March. Ministry of Pinball have not processed a refund and have not answer any subsequent e-mails to confirm receipt of the decals etc. I today opened a claim with PayPal, but it has been closed in the sellers favour as the purchase was just over 180 days ago! I am £270 out of pocket and have nothing to show for it. I can't claim against the shipping as the items is showing as delivered. Any suggestions?

Have had a few bits and been happy with the quality of the stuff.
Not tried out a returns from them though.
I'm supprised they ignored the returns. Thats out of order.

I had good service from playfield protectors.
They would send out a replacement if there is an issue.

Did you pay via credit card through PayPal? You might be protected there also...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't use MOP ever again, had a load of agro on a 3D translite. they just don't care about customers.

@Andypc

I feel your pain. I have had a similar experience to you (involving documented returns) and am waiting for it to be resolved before I post all the facts on this forum. My claim has been going on for months and months.

I had previously bought innumerate items over the years from MoP without issue, but never again. Something has gone very, very wrong at MoP.

Open up a dispute with your credit card company ASAP.

I would urge everyone on this forum to avoid MoP unless you have no alternative.

Best way to pay is PayPal using a credit card. You have double protection.

You are indeed knackered by the sounds of it.

Put up a load of posts on as many pinball forums you can with proof of emails and pictures etc..... Just see if they submit when you start getting them a bad name!!!!

Best way to pay is PayPal using a credit card. You have double protection.

You're talking about making a payment card 'chargeback' there, and there are time limits on those too. Roughly speaking, anything over 6 months ago becomes near impossible to claim back, as companies aren't obliged to keep records of card transactions older than that (and in fact are encouraged to dispose of them)

+1 for MoP problems. Slingshot plastics with part of the right slingshot image printed on the left one. Been trying to get a response for 4 weeks but no replies yet. Only £25 so could have been worse i guess. And the right slingshot is fine :confused:

Used them a few times and been ok. Never had to action a refund and a shame that's letting them down. They took an item off there web site and were happy to wait until I returned to the UK from Cuba to finish the transaction.

Paid for an item that showed in stock but they did not have it in stock. Told me to hang tight for a month to see if they could get it but did not. In the end they said they would refund me the money but it took them well over a month and a half to refund me after telling me i will get my refund. Told me it had to go to his account so i could get a refund?
All in all i was out of pocket for 2 & a half months until the refund.

I would message them on facebook they hardly respond to my e-mails.

They are clearly going out of business. All the signs in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dreadful company, sold me a solenoid expander for Centaur after I had asked if it was suitable and been assured it was, wrong, as it failed immediately when fitted. No response to numerous emails when I complained. They were happy enough to respond when a sale was in the offing but silence afterwards. Won't be dealing with them again.

@Paul
@Sgt GrizZ
@mufcmufc

Should you highlight this thread ? Make it more prominent ?

Plenty of folk reporting issues with MoP - you will have met/ will know/ will have been to the houses of some or all of us.

There are honest vendors out there. Folk are periodically ripped off by scams in pinball - we have to look out for each other.

Dont need the guilt trip... however you are correct in that whilst maybe things are ok for some, the warning signs are there.

Have stickied thread...

I would encourage others to post their RECENT Transaction experiences here also - good or bad.

I put an order in yesterday afternoon and it was recorded as dispatched at 14:30. Will let you know how it goes.

Generally when I start a project I make an excel list of all the parts I need and then mark off who (Heaven, Mania, Ministry, Center, Marco, RTTB) has what. Used Ministry a few times and not had an issue yet but I have not had to return anything.

I think I'm one of the few people who have only really ever had positive experiences with them, but then again I've never had to return anything. Frequently I've used them for almost unobtainium plastics that no other supplier seems to stock, they're never perfect but they're often good enough.

I put an order in yesterday afternoon and it was recorded as dispatched at 14:30. Will let you know how it goes.

Generally when I start a project I make an excel list of all the parts I need and then mark off who (Heaven, Mania, Ministry, Center, Marco, RTTB) has what. Used Ministry a few times and not had an issue yet but I have not had to return anything.

IMG_20190406_132306759.jpg

Arrived yesterday, with candy using the standard NL €19.50 postage

@Andypc - I would phone them (or get someone to ring on your behalf who speaks the lingo!).

It has been a very long time to register a complaint - but then again - they should have a 12 month 'warranty' shouldnt they..... however I can not accept the fact the decals have been returned and you are out of pocket.

They e-mailed back saying to return them for a refund. They received them back on the 18th March and have not replied since. Left a message on their Facebook as suggested. Am going to phone next week if I have not had a reply.

@Andypc - I would phone them (or get someone to ring on your behalf who speaks the lingo!).

It has been a very long time to register a complaint - but then again - they should have a 12 month 'warranty' shouldnt they..... however I can not accept the fact the decals have been returned and you are out of pocket.

Bert and his partner speek perfect English so you won’t need a translator
Buying parts from Europe is 50-50 thing some are great some not so good if you want the genuine stuff buy directly from the states and don’t moan about the shipping and import duty it’s not the first lot of parts you have moaned about andy pc is it

Back
Top Bottom