What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini posts - rubber vs superbands

Mini posts - rubber or superbands?

• Rubber Mini posts

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Superband Mini posts

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Matt BRU

Registered
I've recently put superband Mini posts on my star Trek pro but feel like they're way to wild and bouncy compared to standard rubber. Has anyone here tried them and do they wear in over time or break in a bit? I installed them as I heard they last forever but didn't take into account how different they make the game.

Im going with standard white rubber for the slings, playfield etc. Perfectplay for flippers. But I'm tempted to change the mini posts to white rubber also, I know they get shredded but I quite like a bit of pin maintenance anyway and prefer the way the ball reacts to the rubber, superbands (well fresh superband posts anyway) completely change the way the game plays. Interested to hear your thoughts.

Those SB mini-posts don't absorb much energy, sending the ball back almost as fast as came. They're crazy but I prefer them for the lower maintenance, colours available and less rubber bits everywhere. I'm probably in the minority though.

Those SB mini-posts don't absorb much energy, sending the ball back almost as fast as came. They're crazy but I prefer them for the lower maintenance, colours available and less rubber bits everywhere. I'm probably in the minority though.
I totally see where you're coming from re the lower maintenance, they seem indestructible! But seeing as I quite like tinkering with the machine given the slightest opportunity anyway.... I think that makes me in favour of the rubber posts purely for how they play. If I have to change them every so often, thats fine.

I have superbands on my TAF but really don't like them. The normal orange/red rubber ones are way better and gives you better ball control. The only reason I have them on is that it's in a bar and has no maintenance whatsoever. The normal bands needed changing every 3 months.

I have superbands on my TAF but really don't like them. The normal orange/red rubber ones are way better and gives you better ball control. The only reason I have them on is that it's in a bar and has no maintenance whatsoever. The normal bands needed changing every 3 months.
Fair comment. I think @Matt BRU is targeting this thread specifically at the mini-posts:

http://www.zpeakabonks-pinball-para.../caoutchoucs-super-bands-mini-post-large.html

But i also use Flipper Superbands on all my games, for the same reasons i stated above.

I totally see where you're coming from re the lower maintenance, they seem indestructible! But seeing as I quite like tinkering with the machine given the slightest opportunity anyway.... I think that makes me in favour of the rubber posts purely for how they play. If I have to change them every so often, thats fine.

I've had a hectic couple of years and not a pin-purist so maintenance really became a chore instead of a pleasure, sadly. That might change in future, but for now SB's suit my situation. They also look better.

Last edited:
Ahh I see. Sorry, didn't even know you could get mini posts superbands. Better get some of them too then!

I have mini post superbands on my BSD. Colour matched to playfield - hard wearing and they still look great - as new. Haven't noticed any difference in play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom