What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Millionaire barn find

Slamtilt

Registered
Hi all,
I got this Millionaire that came out of a barn in Kent. I think it spent the last 20 years next to some hay, with the head folded down.

The cabinet has surrered some damage, some woodworm, plywood is starting to delaminate, but the inside does not smell at all, so there is hope.

It's got the usual battery damage and as far as I can see the flippers need rebuilding, some issue with the top left drop targets and some wire rail in the bottom of the cabinet comes from somewhere!

View attachment 137482

PXL_20210427_133049667.jpg

PXL_20210427_133320213.jpg

So i'll try to fix this!

First job is to treat and fix the cabinet

It going to need paint or vinyl decals and after seeing that they are £250, well I have to make my own.
Yesterday I scanned the backbox and made the stencil:
ms1.jpg

So I made a stencil and got carried away, well rushed it! (it was day one of the resto)
PXL_20210502_174933480.jpg

I thought I'd use navy blue, silver and gold, but the gold is too matt. I'm going to find some glittery gold.
Or should i use the yellow, it just looks cheap, I dunno.
So anyway, I totally botched the painting, got paint and smudges everywhere. I should have left it alone to dry, but i'm impatient!
Because I ruined the test, I did not finish it, so ignore the bottom part!!
PXL_20210503_091037716.jpg

So next job is to strip the machine apart!

Glittery gold would go with the theme for sure, I would be tempted to do that. Going to look better whatever you do though!

Wow - Interested to hear how you make the stencils - I would love to make some for my gold ball, but no idea how to do it?
I used an old canon lide scanner with the top cut off to scan the side (it's not perfect, there is some distortion), pasted all the scanned images together, drew it in corel draw and cut out on a vinyl cutter. took just under 2 hours to make the stencil.

oh and PS - what model vinly printer - might juts have to get one? And what do you use a the vinyl - I'm a total noobe to this. Many thanks. Alan

oh and PS - what model vinly printer - might juts have to get one? And what do you use a the vinyl - I'm a total noobe to this. Many thanks. Alan
the vinyl cutter I am using is a second hand creation p-cut, it was about £80. I wanted a Roland but they were £1300 and out of stock until July. I may be able to help out with your stencils.

MILLION! This game is actually a lot of fun - played it at Pinburgh - the volume was set high in it so you could hear it across the whole hall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So I stripped this down, i don't know how much more i'll get done this week though.

I labelled everything as I went, not that it isn't hard to figure out, less chance for error!

PXL_20210503_125930911.jpg

cleaned out the inside
PXL_20210503_140134226.jpg

and found some goodies
PXL_20210503_133706479.jpg
not a lot, but there are some broken parts there! I think the top left drop targets are smashed to bits.

So it currently is in bits, I have started treating the wood and making the other stencils. I Could really do with another cabinet! but it's a budget build so that's not going to happen, it's going to need some epoxy and filler!!
PXL_20210503_142442493.jpg

If anyone has a 11a mpu board and maybe some playfield parts, please message me!!

the vinyl cutter I am using is a second hand creation p-cut, it was about £80. I wanted a Roland but they were £1300 and out of stock until July. I may be able to help out with your stencils.
cool thank you. i’ve really gotta have a go at this.

so the playfield is not so good:

PXL_20210516_145417047.jpg

There is a lot of wear on the playfield, I will probably just clean it and get the thing working and in the meantime look for another playfield. Mind you, I may just scan it and print an overlay!
I used some mdf offcuts to support the playfield on a table, drilled a hole in one end and put it on the playfield support bracket:
PXL_20210516_145406332.jpg

So yes, the game is a turd! it's had a hard life!! When I got it I was thinking about scrapping it, still thinking about it looking at the playfield!!!
PXL_20210516_205249879.jpg
Still more cleaning to do:
PXL_20210516_212247694.jpg

waterslide transfers might be worth considering,not tried it myself,but people on pinside have

Back
Top Bottom