What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Metallica Wanted

stoptap

Registered
Alias
Andy
Time to own my first music pin I think and it doesn't look like Wham ! The Pinball will ever get made so I will grudgingly settle for a Metallica.

You can still buy them NIB from Pinball Heaven. If his website is accurate than Phil has a premium in stock ready to go.

I picked up a Tron and Metallica in recent years without even looking for one. Now they seem to be impossible to get hold of!? What's changed?

they always turn up in the end, and normaly like busses

I picked up a Tron and Metallica in recent years without even looking for one. Now they seem to be impossible to get hold of!? What's changed?
General trend. With the price of NIB, more people seem to be sticking with what they have so overall churn rate of all games has slowed down.
Finding any nice game now is harder than last year. Probably there will be more trades going forward.

not a great seller to start with so not many on the second hand market
People don't like the theme maybe?
I'm still loving mine, and it's all my friends favourite who come round and play them, I think because the basic rules are easy to understand "just keep shooting sparky or the snake"

This "keep shooting that snake & sparky" makes it another yawnfest IMHO.

Get your point, but I meant more, it has a fairly deep ruleset I haven't figured it all out yet, but when you compare it to say TZ where you have to spent 5 mins trying to explain what you should be shooting for, Metallica has a certain appeal.
But as you get more into it there's some deeper rules and various modes, great ramp shots, I like it a lot anyway!

This "keep shooting that snake & sparky" makes it another yawnfest IMHO.

There are so many games which, if you so wanted, you could break down like this.

MM keep shooting the castle
AcDc keep shooting the ramps
Xmen Keep shooting Wolverine
PotC keep shooting the ship
SM keep shooting Doc Oc

All of these are obvious strategies that anyone walking up to a machine can do and get some enjoyment out of the game without understanding the deeper rules lying within, as well as scoring decently.

There are also games where the more experienced player can exploit a particular strategy

MB keep shooting the creature
MM as above
JY keep shooting for video mode
STNGG keep shooting warps
AcDc keep shooting the bell

What I look for in a game, is that there are numerous different strategies to getting a decent score, and more importantly, that those scores are balanced with a decent risk vs reward.

Metallica has all that, and more, with a great art, light and sound package, with some humour thrown in as well. That's why there are so few second hand machines that come up for sale, and that Stern are still managing to sell so many NIB 3 years after it's release.

Mine will be the last one to leave, but it would take something VERY special to come along for me to even consider it.

^^ Exactly, that's what I meant, MM, AFM also great games for someone who's never played a pinball machine before as it's immediately obvious what your supposed to be doing, would imagine they'd do well on location as when you play a game once, no idea what your doing or supposed to be doing, your less likely to stick another 50p in or whatever a game costs.

Back
Top Bottom