What's new

Metallica Pro or Premium wanted (Prefer Premium)

chuckychucks

Registered
As title says i am looking to buy one of these games preferably from the UK.

Thought i would try to ask here before i pull the trigger and import a Roadcase from the US from a seller on Pinside.

Please get in contact if you are considering selling.

Regards

Mark

I have one for sale but a few people have shown interest will let you know if still available in new year
Be aware if you import one in from the states it won't work without some costly modification

Hi

I noticed you had one for sale but was not sure if someone else had already taken it, so do you sell on first with money or just go with interest?

I know about the voltage and htz mod needed to run the US model, thats why i would much prefer to buy in the UK.

Let me know if you don't get a buyer for yours..i have the cash to move straight away.

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark sold my Metallica today sorry why not give phil at pinball heaven a shout he can still get nib met premium i think
pretty sure if you go down the importing it yourself route then you will be very close to the nib price by the time you have paid vat shipping customs costs and the hack board

:(...I did have an e-mail conversation with Phil a number of weeks ago, i think he was talking around 6.5k which i am sure is reasonable for a premium but i just can't go that far.

I had started thinking along the lines of ..if i paid 3.7k for yours it would leave me enough to buy another game around 1.3k - 1.6k but alas it just wasn't meant to be.

I actually saw a pro on ebay during the summer for around the same price but i couldn't decide at the time and i had just bought the AC/DC so money was also a factor, but i eventually missed out on it and kind of regretted it ever since.

I'd just wait it out, more will come up ;). Paying £6.5k is just flushing 3 grand down the toilet.

So do you think they will go down in price?

So undecided what to do...i know in my mind buying the US model will work out a bit cheaper but i have never imported before and am nervous about it.

To import or not to import..only smarties have the answer :)

Any nib is going to be worth less than you pay for it
met seems to have gone up in popularity due to the new code releases so is hard to find second hand ones even harder for premiums or le i thing there are more le than premium in the uk anyway i am not a lover of the game personally and i think the premium is not worth the extra cost for the shocking hammer thing but each to there own
on the import side shipping one pin only is very costly and risky if you want to insure it for the full amount then you would have to declare that to customs so you will then get slapped for 20% vat plus shipping and other costs or you can lie about the cost and take the risk but thats a big gamble then you also have to pay for the hack board £200 and also have no warrenty i have looked at this before and shipping just one pin is not worth the risk i think you are better of leaving the risk and headache to pinball heaven

If you were going to buy NIB, you'd probably be better buying from Europe than the US - less hassle, quicker delivery, and a good Euro exchange rate. But used METs come up reasonably often too on here.

Been watching here for a while now for a used model, Chris b was the first one I've seen for sale...I check pinball owners every day ...only saw an Le for sale in the UK recently and he wanted 8.5k which is way more than I would ever pay for a pinball.

Met Pro is probably the best value pro Stern have ever done. Metal ramps and in some ways plays better than the LE as the hammer gets in the way.

I regret selling my Met pro that I bought NIB. Possibly my favourite Stern ever.

The only reason i was opting for Premium is because people aslways seem to say to me that the features are so much better, i am constantly thinking is the extra ££ for the premium woth it for the Metallica...Replays comment is making me think even more.

Id say pro is the way to go for MET, gameplay wise there is very little difference, much better bang for buck

Looking at your list of games, are you getting a nib kiss ?
Then you can wait for a Metallica whilst God gives rock n roll to ya

Looking at the ad I think it is new. At least it says it is. 5k for a NIB Metallica pro sounds about right. I'm guessing it's just old stock that they got stuck with.

I'm still not sure how much better the premium is compared to the pro for Metallica. The Pro flows really well but the hammer effect is nice. For me the worst bit of the pro is that there is still the white coffin shape on the playfield, it's a real eyesore.

I'm not sure how much a 2nd hand pro would be now. I'm guessing 3.5? I paid more for mine but I'm sure there was one on here for only 3k a while back. The improved code has made the game a lot more desirable. When it first came out the game stank pretty badly so I think a lot of people went away with a poor impression. Crank it up is a great mode and when you hit it the game clicks together, until then the music is all a bit pointless. It's also a game that you need to know the rules for as it's more about the shot after the one you've just made in order to build to crank it up.

Premium scores over the pro by having colour changing LED's to show what to shoot for with crank it up and the way to get back there once the mode has been completed. It also has proper coffin locks which retain the balls rather than vitual locks meaning the balls are delivered straight to the flipper bat at the start of multiball. Most people I have met who have played both prefer the Premium/LE version over the Pro. So then it comes down to price and how much extra you're prepared to pay to have the extras...

Looking at the ad I think it is new. At least it says it is. 5k for a NIB Metallica pro sounds about right. I'm guessing it's just old stock that they got stuck with.

I'm still not sure how much better the premium is compared to the pro for Metallica. The Pro flows really well but the hammer effect is nice. For me the worst bit of the pro is that there is still the white coffin shape on the playfield, it's a real eyesore.

I'm not sure how much a 2nd hand pro would be now. I'm guessing 3.5? I paid more for mine but I'm sure there was one on here for only 3k a while back. The improved code has made the game a lot more desirable. When it first came out the game stank pretty badly so I think a lot of people went away with a poor impression. Crank it up is a great mode and when you hit it the game clicks together, until then the music is all a bit pointless. It's also a game that you need to know the rules for as it's more about the shot after the one you've just made in order to build to crank it up.
I thought it was NIB but it is in the Reconditioned Machines section.

Weird. I could have sworn that I saw the word new there earlier. Oh well, maybe I'm losing it.

5k for a 2nd hand one is 1.5k too much.

Ahhh, seen it again. 2nd tick down states "Superb brand new"..... I suspect you're right about it being refurbished though

liberty games and home leisure direct always list tons of nib games but actually have little or no stock and then try to push you on to something they may have in stock or place an order and wait for the next shipment

i am a sucker for le and premiums but i think the hammer on met is just **** i think the best way to go on met is pro but if you really like it and you can afford it then go premium
i have a twd premium at the min but i am sure i would be just as happy with a pro
i am thinking about a got premium but have not yet played it i do enjoy the pro but i find mini playfields a bit boring in ac dc and woz

really pleased with my MET PRO LED. couldn't justify the PREM but a notch up from the standard PRO with the new style backbox and factory LEDs. ACDC is the only game where I couldn't live with PRO . As for GOT , at first it looked like the PRO was empty but maybe the top level gets in the wayof the Ritchie flow.

I'd like to give a nod towards the Premium/LE Metallica route. Well worth the extra Queen heads in my opinion, I have played both versions and agree the Pro version is still a lot of fun, seems to play a lot faster due to the coffin not gobbling the balls through the hammer motion.

I am biased though, I love the light show, spinners, hammer with under playfield ball locks and the moving gravestone.

I have had the LE version since new and it is not going anywhere for a long time.

Stern will stop making them soon and they will only go up in value, I would seriously recommend stretching the budget for a new Premo or a second hand one if you can find someone willing to let one go.

I did see the Metallica on Home Leisure and Liberty Games.
I think all their stuff is over priced...i have a HOTD 4 Deluxe and I bought it for around £600 and they are looking £4k :rofl:
Think i might just keep looking for a UK model, but i am leaning more towards the pro now after reading a few comments here.

Looking at your list of games, are you getting a nib kiss ?
Then you can wait for a Metallica whilst God gives rock n roll to ya
When the new Kiss came out i kinda went ahh noooo..i love the music themed pins, especially the rock stuff...Kiss will probably be on my list at some point, but i want Metallica first.

Back
Top Bottom