What's new

No Longer Available MET Pro

MET is such a well-rounded game.
Can’t go wrong, as long as you like (or can at least tolerate) their music.

I love Metallica but I think the art work and the animations are abysmal, luckily I also like Iron Maiden so that choice is made easier for me.

I am constantly amazed how much love this game gets. For me its the ultimate chopping wood game: tedious, repetitive, unimaginative, hit Sparky 15 times, hit the captive ball 15 times etc etc. Talk about chopping wood. Funnily enough I think the art work and amimations are its only good points.

Seek and Destroy is also very good, but 9 times out of ten its ruined because yet another round of gravemarker or sparky or coffin multiball interrupt it.

But lots of people love it, which just goes to show it takes all sorts and I am probably playing it wrong.

Last edited:
but I think the art work and the animations are abysmal, luckily I also like Iron Maiden so that choice is made easier for me.

The artwork isn’t to everyone’s taste, but abysmal animations isn’t fair. There’s no comparison between a Spike LCD game and a SAM DMD. Personally I like the character of the reduced definition DMD, probably because that’s a proper pinball in my head.

The artwork isn’t to everyone’s taste, but abysmal animations isn’t fair. There’s no comparison between a Spike LCD game and a SAM DMD. Personally I like the character of the reduced definition DMD, probably because that’s a proper pinball in my head.

Fair point - I’ve not seen a lot of those animations, some are great. Not keen on the ones that featured the band members though, Metallica the Cartoon [emoji1304]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am constantly amazed how much love this game gets. For me its the ultimate chopping wood game: tedious, repetitive, unimaginative, hit Sparky 15 times, hit the captive ball 15 times etc etc. Talk about chopping wood. Funnily enough I think the art work and amimations are its only good points.

Search and Destroy is also very good, but 9 times out of ten its ruined because yet another round of gravemarker or sparky or coffin multiball interrupt it.

But lots of people love it, which just goes to show it takes all sorts and I am probably playing it wrong.

I never really got the chopping wood thing with MET. People say the same about Spidey and I find them more - fashioning a beautiful sculpture out of wood than chopping wood! If on MET the only way to collect sparkies or snakes or whatever was to hit them it might be a bit more wood choppy but the fact you can assign them to different shots and then lock them in for the next ball makes it so awesome. Not only that but the risk reward mini wizard modes are great. Some potentially huge shots to be hit. Add in Seek and Destroy over the speakers, the greatest bash toy in pinball and Dirty Donnie and you have yourself a badass pin imo!

Seek and Destroy is also very good, but 9 times out of ten its ruined because yet another round of gravemarker or sparky or coffin multiball interrupt it.

Agreed. I absolutely love the band but the game felt just as you described 'like chopping wood' I sold mine relatively quickly.

I agree also about DMD, kinda like the old style retro look to be honest.
The shoot again snake on MET is one of my favourite animations in the whole of pinball 😂

I love Metallica but I think the art work and the animations are abysmal, luckily I also like Iron Maiden so that choice is made easier for me.
The playfield artwork is cool, the cab totally sucks big time IMO.
It’s still one of my fav pins though 👍

I would certainly swap a couple of my machines for a MET Prem or LE. I just don't think I could settle for a Pro. I hate the cabinet artwork and the lack of hammer is just a cost saving too far. That was literally the best thing about the game. That goddam hammer is awesome.

If we keep talking the game down does that mean I'll get one cheaper?

Not really. They just don't exist on the second hand market. But you could try talking to Will who was looking to trade one just the other week. I think that's the first time I've ever seen one come up.

I would certainly swap a couple of my machines for a MET Prem or LE. I just don't think I could settle for a Pro. I hate the cabinet artwork and the lack of hammer is just a cost saving too far. That was literally the best thing about the game. That goddam hammer is awesome.
That hammer.......when it comes down, hooked up to an external Sub - awesome

That hammer.......when it comes down, hooked up to an external Sub - awesome
Its not just that though. It's the whole mechanical aspect and seeing the balls physically under the playfield in the coffin. The Pro just completely skips all this good stuff and pretends it never happened. Pinball is all about physicality. You can't replace that with playfield decals and DMD animation.

I looked at both the Pro and Premium for a while. If I couldn't get the Premium, I would have been happy-ish with say, a fully modded Pro - like the one Spadge had which was awesome. I was lucky and found a NIB Premium - I really wanted the rising cross. + the mechanical jaw of the snake as well as the hammer.
I guess when someone like Monkeyboy had a modded Pro, sold it to buy a Premium, it kinda tells its own story 👍

its a wood chopper for sure - but there are worse wood choppers!

I looked at both the Pro and Premium for a while. If I couldn't get the Premium, I would have been happy-ish with say, a fully modded Pro - like the one Spadge had which was awesome. I was lucky and found a NIB Premium - I really wanted the rising cross. + the mechanical jaw of the snake as well as the hammer.
I guess when someone like Monkeyboy had a modded Pro, sold it to buy a Premium, it kinda tells its own story 👍

I would absolutely 100% buy a Premium or LE tomorrow if one were available in nice condition.... So if anyone has one they want to sell on let me know. Pro...meh, not so much.

I don't really get 'wood chopper' as a criticism. Pinball is inherently a grind owing to the fact it's pinball. Any discrepency is a matter of degree and nuance.

Can someone recommend a game that is the antithesis of MET and/or is not grindy?

Last edited:
I would absolutely 100% buy a Premium or LE tomorrow if one were available in nice condition.... So if anyone has one they want to sell on let me know. Pro...meh, not so much.
I just checked Pinball Universe, they had a Metallica MOP LE for sale for 12K Euro but it’s not there now so must be sold 😂

I just checked Pinball Universe, they had a Metallica MOP LE for sale for 12K Euro but it’s not there now so must be sold 😂

Ok, I'll put a cap on it of £9000 and must be a UK machine. So I can hunt you down if it isn't legit.

And I’d do it again as well!

If you don’t like chopping wood, go and buy a chainsaw. Chainsaws are big AND clever, but get boring quickly - it’s all about the process not the end result. Also, try to put your chainsaws down once in a while, as (like anything) they burn out if you play with them too often. I didn’t get anywhere near enough sleep... stupid blackbirds at 5am.

Back
Top Bottom