What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Medieval Madness

Montu32

Site Supporter
For several years after selling my first MM ive eventually got my favourite all time pin back, all be it in a lot rougher condition from the first. The machine itself played well with the main issue being the catapult rarely made it around the peasant ramp. I say it played well only because ive have completed the playfield now and all is sorted and is playing very well. I didn't go to far into as I have in the past with machines, just after a nice tidy example.

more pics to follow

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_IMG_2830_zps8jzvoutc.jpg

so here is the machine, the cabinet is very solid with no dings or chips and nice sharp edges on the backbox. The real shame is the wear around the flipper buttons, looks like the top layer with the print on has sort of flake off, doesn't seem like the usual wear you tend to see. Im still in two minds on whetever to do a full re decal as I did with afm, think I prob will

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_untitled.pngd_zpssodvztma.png

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_IMG_3040.JPGD_zps7mnztbav.jpg

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_IMG_3039.JPG8_zpsxprjascy.jpg

I don't understand why you would want to do it unless it was for the enjoyment of the task.

That just looks like the machine has been played, it's not a bad thing like a cracked window or even a dirty window, it's just a window that has some raindrops on it.

yeah your right im in two minds and its not that bad in person which is why I haven't done it already. I really did enjoy doing my afm but im not as flush at the minute and like you say not really needed. Ill be getting back to the cabinet prob at some point, this was just to show the overall machine.

If you enjoy the task then that's entirely different and comes down to what is affordable.

I know a couple of guys who enjoy the restoration to pristine condition far more than any other aspect of the hobby. And thank goodness for that, as they always undervalue their hourly rate and so folks like me get to buy beauties for good prices.

Missing a few pics but took the playfield down only leaving pop bumpers which I left as they look newly rebuilt, the metal outer ball lane and castle gate and bridge. The rest came off, full new rubber set, new balls, GI warm leds, every single plastic cleaned with versitol then isopropyl alcohol and finally flamed including moat, new foam behind targets, a bit of metal polishing, playfield cleaned and waxed about covers it so far.

pics to follow

My MM has similar wear around the flipper buttons, it feels as if the decal has gone a bit soft there due to grease from people's fingers. I don't worry about it, the game is meant to be played and enjoyed.

its a solution you mix with water, we use it for cleaning plastic covers on copiers. Works really well.

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_IMG_3042.JPGfff_zpskhqlc4lo.jpg

Still need to learn on how to do the whole flamed ramps thing. Definitely seems like it would be worthwhile!

im hoping to be going to NLP aswell as my local NERG again this year so if anyones going and has a ramp at hand or a spare one ill bring the torch and show them. If not I can prob take the one out of my Baywatch don't think its that bad though to start with. Can bring the versitol and alcohol aswell ;) if we've got a sink

Is it only the top of the ramp you flame and leave the decals underneath intact? I was concerned about the decals on my Hook Windcoaster which has similar.

no you def need to do the underneath, believe it or not you do get quite a few marks over the years with then being taken of and on as people clean them. Your ok to touch the decals usually.

No just went around the edge of the decal the same I did with the rest of the ramp so as to get all the plastic, the decals don't seem to burn or melt as you would think. Keep the flame moving nice and quick just to test

One thing I haven't done is Novus'd any of the plastic, I would say my ramps are about 90% as good as new, maybe using a bit of that stuff aswell will get even better results?

Last edited:
playfield finished, I do know im missing a nut off one plastic and a red post left of the tower which was borrowed as one was missing near bumpers and impossible to get to easily once dragon ramp was back on

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_a2_zpsq9lppufp.jpg

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_a3_zpsdwozfzl1.jpg

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_a4_zpsx0fdhxqm.jpg

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_a5_zpsavuudh9x.jpg

all G.I replaced as of now with mega bright 4 led bulbs, warm white.

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_a7_zpsmsdaihcx.jpg

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_a8_zpsdz8crdci.jpg

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_a9_zps0ljkcg5v.jpg

i891.photobucket.com_albums_ac111_9553pauld_a6_zpsjnwdtpnt.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom