What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maverick flippers machine gunning

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
Just gone to play Maverick and the left flipper is machine gunning as is the lower right. The upper right energises then drops back. Whilst this is happening the led's on the flipper board are flashing on and off. The eos are new and set correctly. The flipper board is a rotten dog one but looks like its had some transistors changed at some point. I don't have a schematic for the rotten dog board either. Thanks Ken
Just to add. Left machine on in game play for 5 mins and now both right flippers are working perfect. Left is still bad

Last edited:
Did that earlier whilst checking for dry joints. Thats how i found someone had repaired the board

Silly question time !!
Will it do it with the Playfield in the up position ?
Just thinking is there a short down the line somewhere !

Dont think its a silly question not when we're dealing with damn pinballs
Yes it's just the same, up/midway or flat

I didnt install the new eos, there were there when i bought it and its been working fine.
One thought, dont DE use a one shot flipper system. Could it be the fact that the led's are flashing on the flipper board cos the board is repeatedly firing one shot making the flippers machine gun?
If so is it the ic that creates the one shot.

Tbh no as the coils have only one winding and the all read virtually the same ohms on my dmm.
Have yet to go and try it today

I take it you mean the coils. No haven't swopped them over but it now might be tomorrow as forced to go visiting family.

Yea well i held my finger on the button deliberatly as it was gunning to see what would happen. The bits i had to replace today was the end result although something caused it to machine gun in the first place. All now working as of 1pm today.

Back
Top Bottom