What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martin the delivery man - how to prep machine?

Snux

Site Supporter
Alias
Mark Sunnucks
Hi Folks,

I sold someone a beat up Banzai Run a few years ago and they had Martin pick it up. As it was so trashed I didn't pay any attention to how it was loaded.

Now though I've sold my HUO WOZ and it's heading to the other end of the country from me, via Martin. Pick up is next week sometime. I don't have the JJP box (or any pin box). I know Martin has shipped a bazillion pins and is well respected in how he treats and handles them.

Is there anything I should do to it before he arrives or when it's in his van? I'll pack all the extra stuff in a box, and of course I'll drop the backbox and put padding between it and the side rails, but should I need to do anything else? Try and wrap it somehow?

Just a little nervous, that's all! Most expensive machine that I've sold and also the most expensive that the new owner has ever bought :)

Mark

Once you have it tombstoned wrap it in pallet wrap with lots of cardboard on all the sides...Martin is also careful but the more protection the better. Pallet wrap is like £5 a roll on ebay. Then wrap up the legs together and label them too.

Don't forget to put foam where the backbox folds down and rests on the side rails. Foam insulation for pipes (cut in half) is perfect for this.

Do people remove the plumb bob when transporting tables? It was something I thought about when selling my Walking Dead. I ended up moving it to the top so there was no movement and tightening it up. Could do a bit of damage if that fell out during transportation.

All the above is good advice, a good thing to remember is to take the balls out! Don't want them flying around breaking things in transit also take everything out from the bottom of the pinball i.e. coin box spares etc etc don't want these breaking anything when tombstoned

Do people remove the plumb bob when transporting tables? It was something I thought about when selling my Walking Dead. I ended up moving it to the top so there was no movement and tightening it up. Could do a bit of damage if that fell out during transportation.
Not if it is the type that can't come off its pivot.

Box or jiffy bag all of the loose parts, balls, power cable, bolts etc and seal them up. Label the box with machine name and where its going. Don't forget to include the keys too, I've twice had to drill locks out.

Insurance? In the van for how long? On and off the van how many times? Expensive Machine in pristine condition.?..... there could be tears.

IMG_6645.JPG

I always ship mine the same way

1 - Remove balls, Keys and coin tray
2 - Drop the head down with a towel/cardboard protecting the side rails
3 - Ratchet strap the game and stand it on its back. Use 4 more pieces of cardboard to protect the artwork from the straps rubbing

Voila! 10 min job

If you're feeling really nice you can chuck some cling film/bubble wrap on

So it's wrapped and ready to go, decided it needed a little more than crossed fingers!.

Cardboard along the edges, then pipe insulation to protect the strap from doing damage when holding the head down. Extra pipe insulation at top of backbox to stop it damaging the rails (even though JJP already fit a rubber strip there).

Machine then wrapped in blankets and shrinkwrapped. Then wrapped in cardboard and shrinkwrapped again. Legs wrapped in newspaper and shrinkwrapped together. All the "accoutrements" packed in to the coin box.

She'll be leaving this week sometime. Already found a STTNG to take it's place :)

IMG_20170225_120413.jpg

IMG_20170225_121947.jpg

IMG_20170225_124158.jpg

So it's wrapped and ready to go, decided it needed a little more than crossed fingers!.

Cardboard along the edges, then pipe insulation to protect the strap from doing damage when holding the head down. Extra pipe insulation at top of backbox to stop it damaging the rails (even though JJP already fit a rubber strip there).

Machine then wrapped in blankets and shrinkwrapped. Then wrapped in cardboard and shrinkwrapped again. Legs wrapped in newspaper and shrinkwrapped together. All the "accoutrements" packed in to the coin box.

She'll be leaving this week sometime. Already found a STTNG to take it's place :)

View attachment 42324

View attachment 42323

View attachment 42322
Good job....now the Martin lottery begins....will he be 1 day or 3 months?!!

Lottery....... he should be here sometime next week, in theory......

He's had some awful van trouble this last week so cut him a little slack. I'll always use him despite the occasional delays (but then I live in London). Used Martin for approx 60-70 deliveries and approx 40-50 pickups over the last 7 years and never had a problem once.

He's had some awful van trouble this last week so cut him a little slack. I'll always use him despite the occasional delays (but then I live in London). Used Martin for approx 60-70 deliveries and approx 40-50 pickups over the last 7 years and never had a problem once.

Add that lot up over the years!! Crazy hey

Back
Top Bottom