What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making/Buying Extended Ramp Flap

node

Registered
I recently picked up a DESW as my first pin restoration project. Cue hours and hours of reading, picking up bits and tools, and this Saturday I'm grabbing a generator and work light so I can finally get started (it's stored in an unpowered garage). I'll take proper photos and make a Shop Log thread too.

There's one piece of playfield damage that somehow I didn't notice when I bought it (otherwise it just needs the usual scoop protectors and a clean) - it's like a 5cmx3mm sliver in front of the central metal ramp, just bare wood where there should definitely be art work. Bugger knows how it chipped off, but I'd like to cover it with an extended ramp flap since playfield repainting is far beyond my skills and budget. Here's the original flap.

What's my best bet? I've looked around and I doubt there's a similar ramp that fits (although I will check the current flap's size to compare in case the Marco one already is extended enough). I can grab a small sheet of blue spring steel and have a go with a dremel or even get it laser cut (though the latter ain't cheap).

Any other simpler and cheaper options I'm missing? I'd rather not just leave it since it's vulnerable to further damage. I'll grab a proper photo with the glass off tonight if that would help.

Blue spring steel is easy to cut to shape with a good pair of scissors so not too difficult to do.

Oh right, thin enough that it's practically tinfoil cardboard then? Much easier, I'll do that then, thanks! I can always file the edges if they fold a bit from cutting.

Any idea of somewhere in Europe or the UK that does small (or even larger) sheets of 0.01"/.25mm thickness? Google has failed me and shipping/customs charges tend to be a bit steep from the US so rather avoid using Marco if possible.

Last edited:
Oh right, thin enough that it's practically tinfoil cardboard then? Much easier, I'll do that then, thanks! I can always file the edges if they fold a bit from cutting.

Any idea of somewhere in Europe or the UK that does small (or even larger) sheets of 0.01"/.25mm thickness? Google has failed me and shipping/customs charges tend to be a bit steep from the US so rather avoid using Marco if possible.
PM me your address and I will send you some.

Back
Top Bottom