What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnetic hex tool

Jonwolf

Registered
Hi chaps

I already own a set of hex tools for removing screws from under playfield and on plastics but it is not magnetic.
I'm spending more time looking for screws than fitting/removing them. That depressing rattle as a nut or screw cascades its way deep into the machine is starting to affect my bloody mental health ;-)
Can anyone recommend a good all in one magnetic set? I don't know the various sizes I need - just a set that meets the needs of pinball

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update - is there such a set with all the fittings that include fittings for torx/security torx/hex/allen/phillips/slot etc etc
ie. Everything?
Oh and magnetic, and with extender to get to hard to reach places
Oh, and ratchet too - I can live without inbuilt torch ;-)

I use blu tac with some success - the magnetising trick I will try. Thanks guys [emoji106]

You could also buy a small powerful magnet and stick it to handle end of screwdriver. This will magnetise tip.

You could also buy a small powerful magnet and stick it to handle end of screwdriver
This is what I use at home.

Use blue tac :rolleyes:
I used this method just last week to put back a hard to reach screw on a TAF at a friends.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

It could also just be I'm too cheap to buy the right stuff, as anyone who has ever looked in my tool box will tell you. :p

It could also just be I'm too cheap to buy the right stuff, as anyone who has ever looked in my tool box will tell you. :p[/QUOTE]

I thought I was the only one with no tools :D

Mine are worth hundreds each, the majority of them are actually surgical instruments.
You've just not got to think about where they've been in the past!

Back
Top Bottom