What's new

Machines you will re-look at

Poibug

Registered
I need to spend time replaying Flintstones,and Judge Dredd-I am a Trudeau fan,and I could be "missing"summat,so am gonna seek out these machines at Shows,and an expert to show me why its so good,anyone else gonna properly recheck out older games?

I can't get on with JD either, it seems empty, I made it through to the wizard mode on my first handful of goes and I'm not particularly good.

I think I'd like JD more if it was based on the movie.

I still 'dont get' TSPP. I've played it a couple of times now but not understanding why it's rated so highly.

I still 'dont get' TSPP. I've played it a couple of times now but not understanding why it's rated so highly.

some games,IMO opinion,have to get bought to see if you will like/gel with them.I bought both SM and LOTR,as I saw they had a fair bit going that interested me so they were bought,back when they were a fair bit under 2k to me,and I never looked back.Another game that I never realised what one of the "but to fully try"games was TAF.Was never a huuge fan but after owning it for 10 days or so I finally realised why many class it as such a great game

I went through a DMD phase at one point, but now I find myself going back and playing system 11 games more and more.

It's funny that some games that I had almost no interest in when I first played them years ago (whirlwind, earthshaker etc) I really enjoy playing now

I went through a DMD phase at one point, but now I find myself going back and playing system 11 games more and more.

It's funny that some games that I had almost no interest in when I first played them years ago (whirlwind, earthshaker etc) I really enjoy playing now

Must admit,that when at a show,the first thing I do after checking whats at the bar,is the "what the hell is that pin" search,i.e for ones I have never palyed

Must admit,that when at a show,the first thing I do after checking whats at the bar,is the "what the hell is that pin" search,i.e for ones I have never palyed

They normal keep those ones in the tournament players only section ;) ;) ;) ;)

I can't get on with JD either, it seems empty, I made it through to the wizard mode on my first handful of goes and I'm not particularly good.

I think I'd like JD more if it was based on the movie.
Wash your mouth out.
Thats the true beauty of JD that its based on the comic rather that a ****ty stallone film.

Cannot belive you said that :eek:

I need to spend time replaying Flintstones,and Judge Dredd-I am a Trudeau fan,and I could be "missing"summat,so am gonna seek out these machines at Shows,and an expert to show me why its so good,anyone else gonna properly recheck out older games?
Flintstones is a cracking game with loads going on.
Missed mine when I sold it and if a nice one came up would be interested.

I have just re-purchased a Flintstones and I have been playing it to death these last few weeks! I really missed it and regretted getting shot of it. Great game. It's just really fun to play. So glad to have got another one.

Sold my FS as I needed cash at the time, way underrated IMO and great fun, on the Flipside already tried the "re-look" on JD (owned two in an attempt to see what I may be missing) still don't get it.

Never got TZ. So many people love it but I've never understood it. Will have to buy one at some time to see what I'm missing. Similarly never really bothered with the Shadow but people love it

Either owned or had on loan pretty much every machine mentioned in this thread (except FS). Most games mentioned are flow games with the exception of TSPP and TZ (ish). The one thing that is vital to flow games is that they are set up properly otherwise they don't flow and people wonder what the point is... TSPP and TZ are deep games and you need enough of a go on them to start unlocking the features and get more out of the game.

JD in the pipeline for the recent shine competition in the public area (3 balls with extra balls not in tournament mode) was a very good case in point. Very difficult to play, to make ramps, etc and everyone had low scores (less than 50M) as it was poorly set up.

If you are playing games in a tournament then they will be a lot harder to get or understand, as they'll be in tournament mode which of course is designed to make the games harder, which is why many people do great on public play machines then crash out in a tournament.

Poi see me outside of a competition (SCS?) and I'll happily explain a game. :cool:

Never got TZ. So many people love it but I've never understood it. Will have to buy one at some time to see what I'm missing. Similarly never really bothered with the Shadow but people love it
Very long honeymoon period with the TZ, like about 3 years then it clicks ;), never got the SH either, seemed pointless for some reason, each to their own.

I've owned all the machines mentioned except x men and as good as TZ ,TAF, SH are, they just don't quite do it for me but would always play again to see if they click.
Flintstones is a great game with humour. Had 2 and traded 1 last year with cash for my T3. I do regret trading it, tho I don't regret getting T3 as it's a great game and the 2 would work well together. I think it's great but Andy T thought otherwise. If your reading this mate and still have it, pm me :)

Si

I would agree but my underrating is probably due to never actually playing one that fully worked!

It's funny how your viewpoint is difference when the machines were out in the wilds!

It's weird, but I view that in the opposite but same way. Lots of DMD machines I can no longer be bothered with, but the system 11 love is still there.

Back
Top Bottom