What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Machine sales

This is the message i get at the bottom of the 1st page on the for sale thread:

YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO POST THREADS HERE.

I should add that i tried logging out and back in and that made no difference. Is it to do with where the donation is made? I made mine to 'site donation' instead of 'machine donation'. Does that matter?
I see that it has converted into a 'site supporter' descriptor so i was hoping it would work.

I should add that i tried logging out and back in and that made no difference. Is it to do with where the donation is made? I made mine to 'site donation' instead of 'machine donation'. Does that matter?
I see that it has converted into a 'site supporter' descriptor so i was hoping it would work.
You are exactly right - If your description is "Site supporter" then that is the key to being able to post in the forum.
I'm investigating now :)

ok @domlouis & @RuyLopez - That should now work for you... Not sure why things didnt work as it seemed to be inheriting something from somewhere... however it seems like it should be ok now... :)

Many apologies!

Last edited:
@Paul , all good for me on the 'Machines for sale' section of the forum, but the problem persists on the 'Parts for sale' section of the forum. How bizarre.

@Paul , all good for me on the 'Machines for sale' section of the forum, but the problem persists on the 'Parts for sale' section of the forum. How bizarre.
Try that - My bad! I only enabled in one forum (oops!) :D

Many thanks for highlighting the problem!

You know - thats a fair point. Let me think on how i can make that easier :)
Might be worth considering a minimum donation, or a two tier system like Pinside.

e.g. £10 and above gets you the marketplace posting access for 12 months, less than that is just a regular donation - perhaps with a perk of some kind. And if you donate over £X you get longer (lifetime?) access.

Might be worth considering a minimum donation, or a two tier system like Pinside.

e.g. £10 and above gets you the marketplace posting access for 12 months, less than that is just a regular donation - perhaps with a perk of some kind. And if you donate over £X you get longer (lifetime?) access.
My thought process. I suspect it will have to be manual, however investigating today as to the "best" options. But i do agree - those that donate a significant amount should be acknowledged.... :thumbs:

I guess this boils down to the balance you want between an 'accreditation to use' vs monetising the utility of this Forum as a pin marketplace.....or more generally if you get into the member fee debate. The permutations are almost endless but clearly if the start point is to weed out bogus vendors for big ticket £ items (accepting that there are also buying scams) then a simple algorithm that can pick up all selected historic activity has its attractions, if feasible.

I have been a member from day one and given 100's of pounds to the site in donations but because i have not sold a machine in a while i now cant post in the machines for sale thread.
Ah well.
i also have donated several times but dont sell my pins directly on here so im in the same boat

A suggestion - I haven't sold anything on here, but if I did, I'd bung a wedge over. I could push a few quid over anytime, but I'd find it hard to decide on an amount, it's either a fair chunk of money that I don't want to spend, or it's a smallish amount & it seems a bit insignificant.

BUT, if there were a way to automate an easily affordable amount every month, I'd be up for that. Is that what Patreon does? Maybe that faciity's there & I just don't know about it - happy to be enlightened.

Regards, Stew

Durzel is spot on donate a tenner a year have full access to the site
Donate nothing and have access to the site but facilities to use for sale or wanted declined
I can’t believe all moaning about a small donation if you don’t like it then put your items on e bay and suck up the 10% and deal with all the idiots

@Paul what happens with the excess donations after the running costs of the forum?

Is the forum ran on a non profit basis and any excess donations given to charity... Or is it ran as a business and the excess donations after running costs pocketed?

Apologises if this information is posted elsewhere, must have missed it?

wouldn’t this have been much better sent in a pm rather than a public post

I don’t see any site donations from tilt so no need to get your knickers in a twist about where your money is going

£10 a year to access the forum is great value even if you’re not buying or selling games. It wouldn’t even buy you two drinks in the pub around here.

How many of us have collections worth 10 grand +( I’d suspect most of us as it’s only 2 newish machines). Best thing about this thread is it’s nudged me to chuck some more money into a resource I regularly use.

Thanks Paul for all your time and effort put into running the forum.

I’ve had £10 worth of advice off here at least :)

EDIT: Without wishing to cause any arguments, I personally don’t give a toss if Paul pockets my entire donation, it doesn’t alter the fact that I’ve had a tangible benefit from the collective wisdom this site provides access to.

Hello Paul, I have been a member of the forum for some time now and have just purchased my second machine from fellow forum members. I wish to sell a machine I purchased last year on here, can you please let me know how to make a contribution and how much? Regards Dave McLean

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom