What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Machine Dimensions?

Carl Spiby

Registered
Could anyone tell me what the height and width of the back of a cabinet is without the backbox and legs on? I'm trying to work out what the minimum width of staircase (with 2 corners) would still allow me to get a machine up them.

Stairs, really Carl? Would it not be best to move your Lounge upstairs? ;)

I too am hoping to move, the list of reasons to reject a house has grown from the usual; not enough bedrooms, kitchen is too small, no garage.
It now includes; no workshop, poor pinball access, too many windows in the games room.
I will end up buying a house that will leave me with no money for more pins.

If you split a machine into three, Cabinet, backbox and playfield you gan get it into most places.
And on your own as well. Tried and tested.
D.

Can't move for at least 3 years but my list of requirements is same as calamori's with the added addition of a location for hot tub and easy access to have it delivered. Guess the missus needs something to do whilst I'm playing pinball. :p

If you split a machine into three, Cabinet, backbox and playfield you gan get it into most places.
And on your own as well. Tried and tested.
D.
That's the plan Daz, my first foray into ownership is going to be a difficult one!

Last edited:
I've had to separate my machines to get them indoors. My only advice is to measure all doorways and turning points, and there's some small but sometimes deal breaking width differences in back boxes.
Checking the manual online beforehand is a good idea as they often list specific dimensions for the game.

Deal breaking as in, whether the head can fit though whilst still attached or not. I didn't mean as in deciding to purchase or not :)

In my old flat there was a one inch difference between Pinbot and most 90s games which meant it couldn't get in, head on, whilst most other games could.

I couldn't fit my R&B in through either the back or front door at my house.

So yeah, I was a bit nervous to have just spent several hundred quid on a machine and then have to immediately start stripping it down. Luckily it was largely common sense. As a noob it took me longer to figure out how to remove the backglass than anything ;)

You may not need to remove the head, just loosen and rotate it. That's what Cal & I did with his Creech and TAF : undo 3 bolts each side holding the bracket on, then turn the head until the width is the same as the cab, go through the doorway supporting the head, and reattach. Needs 2 people ideally. Saves all those connectors being taken off and replaced.

The process to get them in and out of my house has got better, when Dan colllect TAF last week I took the front door off to make lining up with the four steps easier. We still needed to swivel the head to get it trough the kitchen door and then once the head section is out, it needs bolting back up and the whole machine needs to then be but put on it end. It is not a one man job
I would not want to be taking a head off outside and I wouldn't expect Martin the Delivery Man to help me either so I consider that a deal breaker.
The dream is about making sure I can get a pin in the house and set up on my own, with a sack truck.

Back
Top Bottom