What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LOTR LE - Sound issue

Thanks New Forest , you are 100% , see picture I did from underside . its a 10uf35v

So who can get and replace these all for me ? Its way beyond my skill

thanks

IMG_5929.JPG

or 10uf 50V even ?

I was in a similar situation with my A13 and good old resets, tried all the things I could myself and got to the point the boards needed work - considered having a go myself but also felt I might be dangerous with a soldering iron.

I posted my A13 boards to bob@pinballtoys.co.uk who I believe is a forum member. Very nice chap to deal with, boards came back (caps and rectifiers replaced) including the old bits - my machine has not missed a beat since..

Cheers mate, board has gone to @newforestpinball above, to have all sound caps replaced, so hopefully that will sort it.

Hello
Yes agreed looks like caps...
If the heatsink isn't getting warm/hot then its not doing its job!
Frequently the thermal grease dries out inhibiting its heat transfering properties, it could still be the 2030 amp is shutting down.
Thanks Tom for the mention
Cheers Bob

Forgot to post the conclusion as its now all fixed

It was U7 , got a new one shipped from the states from Pinball Place and that fixed the cause

Also great help from Keith @ New Firest Pinball who fixed / replaced caps and amp etc and tested board.

So was two problems in end

And great help from @Paul , who basically helped rule out all the other roms and sound files etc.

Its good to get it all done in the end. Thanks for everyones help and will be donating to forum

Back
Top Bottom