What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LotR diverter goes crazy during Ents mode (with vid)

AMK

Registered
The diverter goes nuts throughout the Ents mode on my lotr - (see vid). I've been fixing numerous issues on my 3 machines recently after taking a long break from pinball. I've fixed the majority, but this one has me stumped. Any ideas? The 2 wires on the solenoid are both secure.
Thanks, Andy

Maybe check the outer orbit switches are not going off on their own as these cause the diverter in that mode to change position.

Just tried your suggestion and the switch is working fine - when i activate it during the mode it closes the diverter, but as soon as it opens (revealing the Mode shot) it starts juddering again. Thanks for the suggesting though - not a show stopper and I can still play, but you know it isn't doing the game any good during the War of the Ents mode.

Cheers Chris. I just took the plunger apart and was expecting it to be worn, but it looked near new. The stop seemed ok and the sleeve was clean. Put it back together and the prob persists. Would you suggest getting a new plunger/coil stop anyway or reckon it could be anything else?

Have you adjusted the arm when it’s over the plunger must sit on the coil stop I think yours is not coming to rest on the coil stop hence the vibration

Just so I'm clear - is the coil stop at the base of the coil (bottom of the pic) - this is the part I of took off and reset. There didn't seem to be anything I could adjust - 1 way in. Cheer

No joy. I tried loosened and reset the plunger, it is as straight as possible. Things seemed ok to begin with but when the ball fired up to the Path of the Dead after a "Direct Hit" - the spasms started again. Thanks for the suggestions, it has given me more to play around with.
IMG_3446.jpg IMG_3445.jpg

Thank you! Just followed them and the problem is sorted. Thanks to everyone for all the help

Back
Top Bottom