What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losing interest in Pinball.

daveyp

Site Supporter
I have enjoyed Pinball for years and am very lucky to have owned quite a few different machines.

Not a day goes by when I don't look at Pinballinfo and read most posts and about new machines coming out I enjoy that side of it and playing in a environment like Tilt when I'm in Birmingham or Funland in London.

But the two machines I have at home TNMT and GNR I have lost interest in and don't even get turned on maybe 2 months ago and there in the house so I see them every day.

Anyone else lost interest in this way?

Dave.

I think it happens for many mate. There are threads on here that say similar things.

Alan J recently put a post up saying he'd lost his pinball mojo. I didn't play pinball for 3 months when my marriage was breaking up.

As for now . . . . Maybe a little swap of your collection might mix things up a bit? Can you swap Turtles with a mate for a couple of months? Getting a new game and learning the rules often helps I find.

I'm finding myself drawn back to the good old dmd era, simpler,nostalgic, lots of games from that era still to try out and I don't feel like I'm being fisted by the n.i.b. prices of today. Yes pinflation has made dmd games go up in value too but swapping out newer titles for old seems to be helping me retain my mojo if that's of any help...

I have enjoyed Pinball for years and am very lucky to have owned quite a few different machines.

Not a day goes by when I don't look at Pinballinfo and read most posts and about new machines coming out I enjoy that side of it and playing in a environment like Tilt when I'm in Birmingham or Funland in London.

But the two machines I have at home TNMT and GNR I have lost interest in and don't even get turned on maybe 2 months ago and there in the house so I see them every day.

Anyone else lost interest in this way?

Dave.
Sell em both and get two new pins, you’ll soon have that pinball boner back and fully erect 👍👍

I find you can easily lose your mojo or get bored of games if you don't play with others.

Go to a comp or a league meet and I'm pretty sure you'll get back into it.

I rarely play pinball at home except one or two specific games I'm fiddling with. But when friends are over or we have a comp I play a lot more (obviously).
Plus we regularly attend different events which means we get to play with different people and different games.

I think you need a few games to keep interested. Going to league meetings helps. Swapping out games, doing a refurb ......

I think we all need this market to calm down so we can buy and sell freely again. Sellers need to get real as buyers know that games are plummeting.

Unsold system 11 riverboat gambler on here at £1600 for example. That looks fair to me, but noone has pulled the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom