What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Lord Of the Rings

Fintan Stack

Registered
Selling my LOTR. The greatest game ever of course. :thumbs:

Only selling as I have bought another one. :rofl:

Bought this from @windoesnot a few months back. It's a nice condition game. It is a UK skill post version but it has has the extra buttons removed and the axe style side rails installed to cover the holes. It looks good. The game plays great.

Playfield is very nice.
Display is perfect.
Cabinet is nice with a few minor dings.
Translite is good.
Plastics are good.
Super- clean game over all. I think Ian spent as much time cleaning it as he did playing it.

Price is £3750. I will get some pics up at some point tonight.

I believe that WAS my LotR.

Serious question.
Seeing as so many people rate this as one of the greatest games ever, why has this changed hands 4 times in under a year? Is it cursed?

Nah, the vault edition will be coming out im guessing.

I believe that WAS my LotR.

Serious question.
Seeing as so many people rate this as one of the greatest games ever, why has this changed hands 4 times in under a year? Is it cursed?

I sold it because I bought another one. Simple as that. In my opinion, for home use, it is the greatest game ever made.

I doubt we will ever see a vault edition. Unless they did a Spiderman and re-themed it using non-movie visuals.

I sold it because I bought another one.

Which begs the question, why did the person you bought it from sell it?

I've had a slow day at work and gone through EVERY unread forum post and there seems to have been a LotR up for sale almost every other week. I sold mine almost on the spur of the moment, although I don't regret it leaving. It isn't the kind of game you can just walk up to and have a quick bash on. I've had games last over an hour, and that's with the outlanes wide open and rubbers removed from the posts. Once I'd completed Valinor, it became a chore to play

Which begs the question, why did the person you bought it from sell it?

Because they didn't like it I guess. Or they were bored with it. Or they wanted to try something new. The usual reasons.

Different strokes for different folks and all that. I enjoy the long games on it. Others hate it.

@Wayne J
I sold it to Dean because LOTR was sat where the baby cot will soon be going in my house, plus he made me a offer I couldn't refuse :)

Back
Top Bottom