What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Looking to change a couple of pinballs so offering up some for possible trade.

John Beveridge

Site Supporter
Hello i am looking to change around a couple of my pinball machines to keep things interesting at my end. Much as i enjoy most games i have owned i like to move them on for something different at some point. I play most days so it`s kind of necessary ( for me at least) to do it this way to retain the enthusiasm.

I have absolutely no preference what leaves me, it all depends on who is interested and has something that is also of interest to me. I have been enjoying playing pinball for around 27/28 years now so there have been a huge amount of games i have been through namely all the classic 90`s Bally/Wms and most of the Sterns from 2000 to 2013. So please don`t feel offended if i am not interested in another RFM or No Good Gofers or Rollercoaster Tycoon etc. Loved playing them all but just hoping to find something new to me or something i haven`t played for ages.

I currently own 5 machines and i am open to trades up the way down the way or plain simple swap. All my machines play fantastically well and touch wood have no outstanding niggles/jobs needing doing.

2004 Stern Harley Davidson 3rd Edition chrome version with totally different cabinet playfield and translite artwork. Incredibly rare in the UK , in fact only 300 made worldwide. Chrome trim looks beautiful as does the entire machine.Mirrored sideblades. Amazingly detailed bikes and other playfield stuff. Puts some modern pinballs to shame in that respect. Shaker motor is so smooth on this one. Plays like new and looks like new. Not even a mark on the rear of the machine. Original manual.

1997 X-Files. Sega. One of my most favourite pinballs EVER. Love the theme the music and it is one hell of a challenge to get the better of it. This one plays superb and has newly fitted sideblades to which really suit the machine.
Only negatives is that the cabinet is not particularly brilliant but acceptable and there is playfield wear in front of the filing cabinet. Someone previous to me fitted mylar over it so at least it won`t get any worse. Original manual.

1991 Data Batman. Now this one has a cabinet and backbox that should not exist on a 31 year old machine. even the back hardly has a mark on it. Playfield has had a recent stripdown and rebuild. A few areas have wear but compared to most Batman machines this is a cut above. A major plus for me is I found it to be MUCH more fun than all the folk who rubbished it saying is is a one shot game. It is far from that. Original manual.

1996 Sega Goldeneye. Brilliant fun, brilliant theme. Amazing ramps. Satellite dish is SO good. One of the best ball saves ever. Playfield was stripped down and loads of work done about a year and a half back. Still looks great and plays great. No manual with this i`m afraid.

2018 Stern Guardians of the Galaxy. Beautiful looking cabinet, low plays ( around 600 odd) Sideblades and plastic protectors fitted .Sound upgrade so more good songs to listen to. Looks and plays superb. Original manual.

I only want to trade and not loan short term or sell so please only get in touch if you have something you are also willing to part company with.

Message me on the site or text/phone me on 07773 760555 . My email is fireinside@sky.com if you prefer.

Changing any potential machines can be done via Hadfields who have been brilliant to me over the years or Martin who is well known to most pinball folk. Of course collection in person and a halfway meet are other options depending on location and distance.

Some photos taken today 26th April 2022.
Thanks John.

Attachments

• DSC00684.JPG
    DSC00684.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC00703.JPG
    DSC00703.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC00705.JPG
    DSC00705.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC00709.JPG
    DSC00709.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC00696.JPG
    DSC00696.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC00689.JPG
    DSC00689.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC00691.JPG
    DSC00691.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC00698.JPG
    DSC00698.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC00710.JPG
    DSC00710.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC00686.JPG
    DSC00686.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC00707.JPG
    DSC00707.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC00695.JPG
    DSC00695.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC00693.JPG
    DSC00693.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00699.JPG
    DSC00699.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC00687.JPG
    DSC00687.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 161
  • DSC00685.JPG
    DSC00685.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 191
Mmmm tempted to say my players condition TAF for your GOTG but a) dunno if you've already had one and b) also dunno if I want a GOTG more than my TAF - will sleep on that so let me know if you're interested and if i still feel the same way in the morning then lets talk. Don't suppose the Dialed In is for trade or has that already gone?

Mmmm tempted to say my players condition TAF for your GOTG but a) dunno if you've already had one and b) also dunno if I want a GOTG more than my TAF - will sleep on that so let me know if you're interested and if i still feel the same way in the morning then lets talk. Don't suppose the Dialed In is for trade or has that already gone?
Hi Jason,

Dialed In is not mine but on loan.

I simply do not think Addams Family pins are worth what they go for . A great game in the day but not my cup of tea i`m afraid,

Cheers,
John.

After my experience with Oktoberfest i am not going to buy another American Pinball machine, thanks for the offer though.
Cheers,
John.

Sorry not after a straight cash deal at all. Problem is no one wants to sell first without something coming in. Dead easy to sell any old unloved pinballs these days ( to be polite) but getting anything back in is proving SO difficult. Everyone is different i know but i love to play my machines, otherwise where is the point in owning ( other than pure profit that so many folk are obsessed with) and at the end of the day each pinball is just another game to play. Nothing for me would ever be something to keep forever. Enjoy and move on to something else i try to do.

Cheers,
John.

I know it's a bit limited but I've always wanted a DE Batman. The hype for that film when I was little was off the charts. My mum wouldn't let me rent it because it was a 15, then BBC got it as their Christmas movie.

I know it's a bit limited but I've always wanted a DE Batman. The hype for that film when I was little was off the charts. My mum wouldn't let me rent it because it was a 15, then BBC got it as their Christmas movie.
I watched it on a 3am special showing at the cinema, was in work for 7am. I loved it and saw it a further 3 times. Thomas' amusements had a DE Batman and a DE Star Trek nib next to each other. Used to play it Friday nights before going to the pub in town.
I've wanted one ever since 1990! Just never seemed to quite align for me.

I watched it on a 3am special showing at the cinema, was in work for 7am. I loved it and saw it a further 3 times. Thomas' amusements had a DE Batman and a DE Star Trek nib next to each other. Used to play it Friday nights before going to the pub in town.
I've wanted one ever since 1990! Just never seemed to quite align for me.

So good mate. For a time that film was everywhere. It's still my favourite Batman tbh

I'm not giving anything away but where I'm working today a line from Jack Napier tells you what I think of the place "This town needs an enema"

It was the first 12 rating in UK cinemas, little did my parents (or anyone tbf) know walking up to the Hippodrome doors with me aged 8 and refused entry by the usherettes 😭
The wait for the VHS in the local video shop was excruciating, we even had to put our names on a waiting list for the one copy.
My dad softened the blow of not seeing the movie in the meantime with this:

batmanpack.jpg

"So in 1989, the BBFC experimentally awarded Madame Sousatzka (d. John Schlesinger, 1989) a 12 certificate in London, and Batman (US, d. Tim Burton, 1989) was the first general release title to feature the classification.
However, the statutory nature of video classifications meant that extending the 12 certificate to cover video releases required an amendment to the 1984 Video Recordings Act. As with most changes in the law, this took some time, and the 12 video certificate was finally introduced on 1 July 1994.
On 30 August 2002 the BBFC replaced the theatrical 12 certificate with the 12A certificate, though the 12 video certificate remained as before." BFI Website source

Last edited:
It was the first 12 rating in UK cinemas, little did my parents (or anyone tbf) know walking up to the Hippodrome doors with me aged 8 and refused entry by the usherettes 😭
The wait for the VHS in the local video shop was excruciating, we even had to put our names on a waiting list for the one copy.

View attachment 168229

"So in 1989, the BBFC experimentally awarded Madame Sousatzka (d. John Schlesinger, 1989) a 12 certificate in London, and Batman (US, d. Tim Burton, 1989) was the first general release title to feature the classification.
However, the statutory nature of video classifications meant that extending the 12 certificate to cover video releases required an amendment to the 1984 Video Recordings Act. As with most changes in the law, this took some time, and the 12 video certificate was finally introduced on 1 July 1994.
On 30 August 2002 the BBFC replaced the theatrical 12 certificate with the 12A certificate, though the 12 video certificate remained as before." BFI Website source
That's it yeah, 15 on video, 12 at the pictures. My uncle had that Amiga set, Batman was amazing on it at the time

as a player back hand into the museum over and over it should be pants but always liked it. fantastic brian schmit music certainly helps

Thanks for the many and varied pinballs that have been offered to me in trade / part exchange. I probably have been around these things too long now and vast majority of the machines i have owned and played i have had my fun with and that kind of limits what i am looking to change for. There are a handful of pinballs i would be interested in and i have to say also some of the latest games i simply haven`t had the chance to try so have no idea if the are good , bad or indifferent. I am cautious about jumping in to something i haven`t tried as it hasn`t worked out well in recent years in general ( Oktoberfest had reliability issues, Deadpool had limited gameplay though now better after i sold mine !, Black Knight also limited gameplay, WOZ had SO many issues not worth going there etc.etc.)

So being boring i am sticking to games ia have actually played and enjoyed. Ghostbusters is one but everybody seems to be after one right now, Monster Bash in original condition or basic remake, Iron Maiden pro i like as well along with Champion Pub.

It’s a tough one John - unfortunately the entire pin market feels like it is grinding to a halt currently ☹️, trades seem the order of the day but can be tough to thrash out.
Yup think we can retire the ‘for sale’ prefix at the moment ‘trade’ is the new king hehe.

Just a wee update to my possible trades in that the GOTG i am keeping for the moment having managed to get fairly good ( by my playing standards at least ! ) and that means i am enjoying it again like i used to when playing it on site. All other machines including my exceptionally rare and beautiful Chrome Edition Harley Davidson are still up for possible trade. Anyone seriously interested i would recommend you come and see the machines and play them.

Thanks,
John.

HI Just to update what i had put out there for trade a few months back.I have now moved on Goldeneye and brought in Star Trek TNG.

Still looking for another more modern machine like a Ghostbusters pro . I would probably favour moving out my immacualte Bataman before anything else. It has probably the nicest original cabinet and backbox i have seen on a 31 year old pinball. And it plays brilliantly.

Thanks,
John.

View attachment 168229

I remember when this came out well:) 12 rated and I was 9 at the time - me and a mate managed to get in though at thr cinema which use to be in Barking - loved it (think overall I prefer Batman Returns on repeat viewing though.

Also remember playing Batman on one of my older brother's Amiga. I always found the side scrolling section to be a but crap, but the batmobile and batwing levels were amazing and still look good to this day (as do the driving levels on BM returns on thr Mega Cd - especially in 60Hz!...)
Megadrive Batman was awesome all-round and years back when I was kind of collecting JPN games I bought the JPN version in the small case (still have it)
BMR on the snes is also a brilliant game (again, especially in 60Hz - artwork on the super famicom ver. I have is also great)

If anyone has the Teknoparrot emulator, playing the.faurly recent Batman driving game is pretty cool , if a bit shallow.

Back
Top Bottom