What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Looking for me second pin, £1200ish budget

Muddymusic

Site Supporter
Hey guys. Its no good, I simply can't keep going with just one pinball (LW3), and have to get another.
I've just sold a couple of my videos so have some space and funds to get one now. Budget is around £1000-1200, and could probably stretch to a few more hundred on top for something special if I have to.

Things I've tried I like are Fish Tales, Black Rose, World Cup Soccer, which I think are all within reach, but I'm not played that many games so happy to consider anything that comes recommended. Cheers.

must be a mid life crisis thing;),I sold most of my video cabs and replaced them with pins

Why a mid life crisis? It's just growing up, boys like to play with their joysticks, men like to press a couple of buttons !!

I can easily see how vids get swapped out for pins over time. My LW3 always gets constant play when I have people over in the games room, and getting another one has been fully encouraged by the wife too which never happens with the vids!

Had a few offers of some I'm not familiar with so going to go and find out some more info about them.
It's not gonna stop at 2 is it...

Vids are good but with Mame etc can't you get near enough the same thing from a small console? I occasionally toy with making or buying a mame cabinet, but then play some video games for 20-30 mins and get bored of it. (Donkey Kong still rocks for 20 mins though). Is there really much difference in playing Guitar Hero on a proper machine compared to a console?

I was always more into the longer strategy based PC games but with kids I now never have the time to invest in long drawn out games.

Similarly I don't really get why people buy fruit machines. One quick game is fine but the only pleasure I used to get from them was winning money from the venue. If I owned one then I can just cut out the middle man and go to the cashpoint.

Was tempted to buy an air hockey table but they take up so much room I couldn't justify the space

Vids are good but with Mame etc can't you get near enough the same thing from a small console? I occasionally toy with making or buying a mame cabinet, but then play some video games for 20-30 mins and get bored of it. (Donkey Kong still rocks for 20 mins though). Is there really much difference in playing Guitar Hero on a proper machine compared to a console?

I was always more into the longer strategy based PC games but with kids I now never have the time to invest in long drawn out games.

Similarly I don't really get why people buy fruit machines. One quick game is fine but the only pleasure I used to get from them was winning money from the venue. If I owned one then I can just cut out the middle man and go to the cashpoint.

Was tempted to buy an air hockey table but they take up so much room I couldn't justify the space

I'll have to disagree with the MAME comment ;)

I buy mostly videogame that have unique controls that cannot be easily played in MAME (trackball, handlebars, steering wheel, flight yoke etc) but asside from that, if you play a game you know well, it's not quite right in MAME, particularly often with sound or the behaviour of computer controlled characters.
It's kinda like saying, why buy all these pins when you can just play them all in one of those virtual pin cabs ;)

I can easily see how vids get swapped out for pins over time. My LW3 always gets constant play when I have people over in the games room, and getting another one has been fully encouraged by the wife too which never happens with the vids!

Had a few offers of some I'm not familiar with so going to go and find out some more info about them.
It's not gonna stop at 2 is it...

No, definitely not.
Definitely not! The one I thought was enough now has three more next to it

I'd definitely recommend Pinball Arcade (PC, Xbox etc). Downloaded it a while back and have already ruled several pinball machines in/out for a next purchase (hope the wife doesn't read this post!). Physics and the detail on it seems very good but mostly importantly it allows you to check out the themes and general gameplay of a lot of pinball tables relatively quickly. For example I know that I can't buy a Funhouse as the talking head thing will freak out my 8 year old girl :)

Back
Top Bottom