What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for 1970's pin

Longbow

Registered
Bit of a noob regards pins, but I think I'm looking for a 1970's EM machine.
Where am I best starting to look?
And what would I need to look for in regards to mechanics etc?
Although I dont mind some wear to a cabinet, is there a cabinet restoration thread somewhere?
Thanks guys

Have a chat with @DAD on here, he has a big EM collection and if anyone can point you in the right dire tion on buying a EM then he is your man.
He might even have a starter pin for sale.

EM’s don’t often come up for sale on here. If you do choose to go the eBay route be aware a lot of those prices are absolutely insane, including at least one you pictured as an example in your original post.

EM’s don’t often come up for sale on here. If you do choose to go the eBay route be aware a lot of those prices are absolutely insane, including at least one you pictured as an example in your original post.
Thanks for the tip.
I guess pins are the same as any collectable regards to elevated prices on the likes of fleabay etc.
I've already seen a pin sold on a user friendly group like this at a 1/3 of the price of one on evilbay
Tim :cool:

Yeah I wouldn’t totally disregard eBay altogether though. I’ve bought two pins on there totalling £6k and been very happy with them. More than happy in fact. But there are certainly some total chancers on there. You shouldn’t be paying more than £500 to £1500 for an EM. Ever. Unless it’s a Mata Hari.

Yeah I wouldn’t totally disregard eBay altogether though. I’ve bought two pins on there totalling £6k and been very happy with them. More than happy in fact. But there are certainly some total chancers on there. You shouldn’t be paying more than £500 to £1500 for an EM. Ever. Unless it’s a Mata Hari.
Thanks for the tip mate :)
Tim ;-)

Where are you?
My advice is to play as many as you can to get an idea of what floats your boat.
You would be welcome to come and play mine if you are local (I'm in Huddersfield)

In the main I like the 60s games best, but if you want the longer flippers then you will need to be looking at the 70s
Also you need to consider if you want a single player or a multiplayer. Due to the constraints of EM technology the multiplayer games are generally less satisfying for an individual player, and are more complicated to maintain, but they do allow the element of immediate competition

I'd suggest you buy a working game, and be prepared to do minor repairs as they arise. The youngest of these games are now over 40 years old.

I'm happy to give you help and advice along the way.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Where are you?
My advice is to play as many as you can to get an idea of what floats your boat.
You would be welcome to come and play mine if you are local (I'm in Huddersfield)

In the main I like the 60s games best, but if you want the longer flippers then you will need to be looking at the 70s
Also you need to consider if you want a single player or a multiplayer. Due to the constraints of EM technology the multiplayer games are generally less satisfying for an individual player, and are more complicated to maintain, but they do allow the element of immediate competition

I'd suggest you buy a working game, and be prepared to do minor repairs as they arise. The youngest of these games are now over 40 years old.

I'm happy to give you help and advice along the way.

Thanks for the reply, I will message you
Tim :cool:

EM's currently playable at mine:
Heat Wave, Trade Winds, Lady Luck, Big Deal (70's version) Skill Pool, Casanova, Hokus Pokus, Blue Chip, Hearts & Spades, Jack in the Box, Sing Along, Cowpoke.

EM's currently playable at mine:
Heat Wave, Trade Winds, Lady Luck, Big Deal (70's version) Skill Pool, Casanova, Hokus Pokus, Blue Chip, Hearts & Spades, Jack in the Box, Sing Along, Cowpoke.

So - basically come to Yorkshire see @DAD 's and mine- no pressure you are welcome to come and play them even if you have no interest in buying them, as someone suggested above, play as many as you can before you buy one

EMs are a lot of fun, don't overlook the other great manufacturers if the right deal comes along that floats your boat, like that Magic City in your intro post :thumbs:

The 1960's games are a good option too, imho themes were a bit cooler then, and the tech is very similar or the same too. One of my interests is the run of Bally Ted Zale designed games.

1592118019579.png

EMs are a lot of fun, don't overlook the other great manufacturers if the right deal comes along that floats your boat, like that Magic City in your intro post :thumbs:

The 1960's games are a good option too, imho themes were a bit cooler then, and the tech is very similar or the same too. One of my interests is the run of Bally Ted Zale designed games.

View attachment 110655
Thanks very much for the info.
Really open to options atm, and hoping/planning on being able to play some older machines while we search for the right machine.
Great picture by the way :cool:

Back
Top Bottom