What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look out ....here comes the Slam !!

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Into the mad last few days before another glorious Slam
biggrin-1.png

Just spent a few hours starting to prep some of my games .... could eat yr easter dinner off my shiny Tommy playfield now
wink-1.png

Woohoo ......let the good times roll people

[attachment=525:DSCF0603.JPG]

Looks v nice grizz
smile-1.png
I've only got a two day week before slam then the long drive down ,me n mrs plus 3 others then when I arrive me and poibug will start the big power install for show, plus the rest of the northern crew will be all helping set up oooooh it's getting close folks!!!!

GrizZ' date=' post: 1692242 said:
Into the mad last few days before another glorious Slam
biggrin-1.png

Just spent a few hours starting to prep some of my games .... could eat yr easter dinner off my shiny Tommy playfield now
wink-1.png

Woohoo ......let the good times roll people

View attachment 623

I don't think all the gravey on my dinner would do the game much good.

Serious, she's looking sweet Ivan, looking forward to playing her.

D.

Sympathy please! I can't make it this year. It's sadly on the one week of the year I not around.
sad-1.png
:( Am gutted.

There is the slimest of slim possibillities I might just make it home in time to get there for a couple of hours on the Sunday. Pretty unlikely though. Wish me luck.

Have a great time everybody. I hate love you all. :cool:

Fintan Stack' date=' post: 1692301 said:
Sympathy please! I can't make it this year. It's sadly on the one week of the year I not around.
sad-1.png
:( Am gutted.

There is the slimest of slim possibillities I might just make it home in time to get there for a couple of hours on the Sunday. Pretty unlikely though. Wish me luck.

Have a great time everybody. I hate love you all. :cool:

Ahhh bummer
sad-1.png
Gonna be a good one - hopefully you will make Sunday.

I wish I lived close enough to go :-(

I hope a few of you will take plenty of photos and some video to put on here afterwards...

Come on Royal Mail - where's my f****** opto?? The Shadow's appearance at the Slam depends on you!

Mark

JT.' date=' post: 1692314 said:
I wish I lived close enough to go :-(

I hope a few of you will take plenty of photos and some video to put on here afterwards...

Surely you must be closer than Belfast ? Were heading over for it...

BigIan' date=' post: 1692317 said:
Surely you must be closer than Belfast ? Were heading over for it...

Haha, yeah closer than that...but still too far. As a consolation, I am hoping to pick up a Spiderman on Saturday
biggrin-1.png
Belfast shows serious commitment btw
smile-1.png

GrizZ' date=' post: 1692316 said:
Mark - if it doesn't show.....good chance someone on here will have one and can bring to Slam. Or see if Pinball Mania Andy has one he can bring.

May well be sending out an SOS on Thursday if it doesn't turn up tomorrow...

Mark

Really looking forward to it now. Took lots of convincing the boss to give me the day off Friday to get there early to help out - there's only two of us in the company that do the same job, and the other guy is already off. Fair play to the boss tho - explained why, and he granted it as long as i was "available for emergencies"...

My boss roxx
biggrin-1.png

If it wasnt for that uber 15 hour round trip, i'd be there. I went to the very first one in a battered blue tranny van that ran on veg oil. Cost me next to nothing to get there......(no hope of that with a 2ltr petrol honda....curse my need for comfort)

Twas at the slam i got my first taste of 'big hurt'. A nasty looking gottlieb pin that stole my heart!.. Go go gadget baseball glove FTW!!!....

OK it really has started now :eek: - 5 games done, 2 to go ......or 3 if I have time to get another fixed and ready for frontline duty :cool:

Down to Ravs for Operation Outpost tomorrow, then games/trucks/setup Friday. May the force be with us ................

[attachment=526:DSCF0614.JPG]

teachp8' date=' post: 1692324 said:
May well be sending out an SOS on Thursday if it doesn't turn up tomorrow...

Sod the post office - a very nice chap called Keith gave me a spare opto and The Shadow is good to go! 'The sun is shining....'

Mark

What time you expecting to be there on Friday Sergent??? Just timing my journey - around 3 hours - just need to work out best time to set off
smile-1.png

Paul' date=' post: 1692402 said:
What time you expecting to be there on Friday Sergent??? Just timing my journey - around 3 hours - just need to work out best time to set off
smile-1.png

Paul - well we will be back and forth to the venue from late morning onwards dropping games off. The slight (!) issue we have is that during the day we only have access to top end of the main hall - the bottom end and the tourney room are being used for functions early evening .....so there is serious limitation on how much setting up can happen. There will be plenty of unloading from vans/trucks as they arrive obviously - and guessing some pins can be set up ready, the entrance desks etc ...but not until 9pm when we can have full access can the real proper layout begin.

As you know we are vacating venue by 6ish to go for some food, cheeky beer
wink-1.png
, and then back later.

Of course this being the Slam, everything could change at the last minute <kidding I hope ! >
biggrin-1.png

Sgt GrizZ

Coolio - will look to set off around 10ish then - should be there around 12/1pm
smile-1.png

Already replied on the group - have some - will check they work and bring them with - they worked 6 months ago and have been stored inside since.. will check tomorrow... multi-coloured i think.... Red/white/blue i think.. and i think they flash......

Paul

Oi Loik Litezzz
wink-1.png

GrizZ' date=' post: 1692242 said:
wink-1.png

Lovely Tommy you've got there mate - I might've appreciated it more if it wasn't for those darn kaleidoscope glasses!
smile-1.png

Back
Top Bottom