What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long over due intro!!

ronnie63

Site Supporter
Hi guys been on the forum since summer time and been quite rude without a proper intro! sorry guys.

Anyway been into pinballs since I was a nipper playing El Der ado in a local chippy but probably about 20 years ago I bought my first pin and that was a beat up Atari Space Riders which I never got to work properly, had a few titles since then among my other love of classic video games and older fruit machines. at the moment I have a Bally Spectrum (project) Williams Road Kings (still being worked on) Data East Star Trek 25th (pretty much refurbed) and just got a Bally Dr Who which needs work. and below a list of me previous pins, hope I never forgot any! Some might know me from yahoo pinball or the video forums ukvac jamma+ etc

Thanks Ronnie

Atari Space Riders
Gottlieb Operation Thunder
Data East Lethal Weapon 3 x2
Williams Hurricane (twice)
Willams Star Trek The next Generation x2
Bally The Adams Family
Williams Whitewater x2
Williams No good Gofers
Williams Creatures from The Black Lagoon
Williams Fire
Gottlieb Street Fighter 2
Gottlieb Super Mario Brothers
Sega Apollo 13
Sega Batman Forever
Sega Maverick
Bally Corvette
Data East Star Wars
Bally Harlem Globetrotters
Bally Mr & Mrs Pacman

Reactions: JT.
Hi Ronnie

Remember when we took that Mario down your stairs it nearly killed me, that's long gone still have this

Arcade Sign.png

Lol nice one Dave, yes I remember that well lol, better now as no stairs and a big garage, dam I miss that sign! but I got 2 others earlier this year that have harper lights round them but they are more fruity related, what you playing these days?

Ronnie

Nice intro Ronnie, you've had a nice selection of pins.

Thanks Kevlar, most of these were got when you could pick them up cheap for example hurricane bought for £50 with a blown rectifier fixed and swapped for a faulty TAF which had the DMD ribbon plugged the wrong way! gone are those days!

Ronnie

Spectrum is a great game. Great art and quirky gameplay.

I have had it for 3 years and never really played a game on it! I rebuilt the mpu literally but it still has issues, also the squawk talk board has it's issues too, suffered long storage prior to me buying it, it's a shame as it has some playfield wear but the backglass is great, trouble is other things come along and it gets pushed to the side!

Attachments

• DSC03854.JPG
    DSC03854.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03848.JPG
    DSC03848.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC03847.JPG
    DSC03847.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 13
Welcome Ronnie, the Doctor your working on was that advertised on another forum and collected from a school / college in Perth?

Just wondering as I'd seen one for sale fitting that description.

Glad to hear that the number of Scottish pinheads are growing! Long may it last :thumbs:

I have had it for 3 years and never really played a game on it! I rebuilt the mpu literally but it still has issues, also the squawk talk board has it's issues too, suffered long storage prior to me buying it, it's a shame as it has some playfield wear but the backglass is great, trouble is other things come along and it gets pushed to the side!
Sell it to me. :)
I'm looking for a winter project.

Or failing that, loan it to me and I'll get it running for you. :thumbs:

It's too good (and rare) a game to be not working.

Welcome Ronnie, the Doctor your working on was that advertised on another forum and collected from a school / college in Perth?

Just wondering as I'd seen one for sale fitting that description.

Glad to hear that the number of Scottish pinheads are growing! Long may it last :thumbs:

Yes that's the very one, I have dealt with Garry before, the pin had issues that were not known to him he thought it was fully working so I got it a LOT cheaper than the asking otherwise I would not have bought it. I think a fair few of us up north with pins will be great when we get electric lol

Ronnie

Sell it to me. :)
I'm looking for a winter project.

Or failing that, loan it to me and I'll get it running for you. :thumbs:

It's too good (and rare) a game to be not working.

I have no real love for Spectrum (I don't know better) trouble is it owes me too much! hence why it's sat here!

I have no real love for Spectrum (I don't know better) trouble is it owes me too much! hence why it's sat here!
Get it fixed or cut your losses. There aren't that many of them out there, it needs fixing.
Bloody Dr Who getting in the way of a classic being fixed. :p

Get it fixed or cut your losses. There aren't that many of them out there, it needs fixing.
Bloody Dr Who getting in the way of a classic being fixed. :p

I was nearly there with fixing it! in fact it was working 100% then started doing weird stuff like one side of the playfield gi's were strobing with the controlled lights and the game would lag or get lost, I tried loads of stuff even replaced the cpu and every socket on the board only thing I never tried was new roms. Like you say I really must finish it but would rather play DW!

Ronnie

Yes that's the very one, I have dealt with Garry before, the pin had issues that were not known to him he thought it was fully working so I got it a LOT cheaper than the asking otherwise I would not have bought it. I think a fair few of us up north with pins will be great when we get electric lol

Ronnie
I've found electric is OK just put up a hydro system and a wind turbine. I'm finding it harder to level my pin in the cave.

What part of the country are you in, Central or more Northern? That's not the Midlands for the people south of the border!

I was nearly there with fixing it! in fact it was working 100% then started doing weird stuff like one side of the playfield gi's were strobing with the controlled lights and the game would lag or get lost, I tried loads of stuff even replaced the cpu and every socket on the board only thing I never tried was new roms. Like you say I really must finish it but would rather play DW!

Ronnie
Pffft. Dr Who's are as common as bent politicians. I've only ever seen two Spectrums in my life. One on location in about 1985 and one at a Northern League Meet in Liverpool.
If you ever come down the A1, pop it in your car and leave it at my house for a while. I'll get it going for you.

I've found electric is OK just put up a hydro system and a wind turbine. I'm finding it harder to level my pin in the cave.

What part of the country are you in, Central or more Northern? That's not the Midlands for the people south of the border!

I'm in Carnoustie, know what you mean about the cave! leg levelers are never long enough!!

Pffft. Dr Who's are as common as bent politicians. I've only ever seen two Spectrums in my life. One on location in about 1985 and one at a Northern League Meet in Liverpool.
If you ever come down the A1, pop it in your car and leave it at my house for a while. I'll get it going for you.

I will keep that in mind for sure! might be rare but I think it's a marmite pin? I got it by chance guy I know gave me it to fix and ended up selling it to me as he decided it needed too much work which was true really

Ronnie

Lol nice one Dave, yes I remember that well lol, better now as no stairs and a big garage, dam I miss that sign! but I got 2 others earlier this year that have harper lights round them but they are more fruity related, what you playing these days?

Ronnie
Still got all my Jamma PCBs and a chopped Naomi pins haven't changed much don't have the space, picked up a Stargate a few weeks back which I'm loving very different to my others

Still got all my Jamma PCBs and a chopped Naomi pins haven't changed much don't have the space, picked up a Stargate a few weeks back which I'm loving very different to my others

Stargate that's a cool pin even though I have never seen one I just know lol

I was surprised by how good it is to honest the shoot the pyramid line is a bit much but there are a couple of people on Pinside that have roms to remove it if you want to. It's not an easy game and pretty rare to find one in good condition so glad I bought it :)

Welcome Ronnie

Was at piperdam last month not that far from Carnoustie rained everyday the usual made up for it with a few beers though:thumbs:

Thanks Pharo yes not far at all, tell me about it my cave is flooded most days! good for fishing with the spear though

I was surprised by how good it is to honest the shoot the pyramid line is a bit much but there are a couple of people on Pinside that have roms to remove it if you want to. It's not an easy game and pretty rare to find one in good condition so glad I bought it :)

Yes well bagged, I think it's probably the best Gottlieb pin ever? well after Mario that is:p

Oh I forgot one on the list how could I forget this one!

Bally Revenge from Mars pin2k

Back
Top Bottom