What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

London Computer Show 1986 (?) - Great video

I am not hard core enough to watch all of this. But in the first three minutes...

- the music is jean michel jarre's zoolook, his weirdest work at the time, which really was niche back then
- not many girls there, the only females seem to be the mums

I remember my mum taking me to a london computer show around this time. Not this one. But very, very familiar. Great memories. Great vid.

I am not hard core enough to watch all of this. But in the first three minutes...

- the music is jean michel jarre's zoolook, his weirdest work at the time, which really was niche back then
- not many girls there, the only females seem to be the mums

I remember my mum taking me to a london computer show around this time. Not this one. But very, very familiar. Great memories. Great vid.
I think this may have been 1985.

Based on the fact that 'Mama Llama' appears to be the current release being pushed on the Llamasoft stand......not one of Jeff classics unfortunately.

I also remember my Dad taking my brother and I to a big Commodore show in London, looked very similar. I bought a game from Gremlin stand........ Avenger or Druid iirc :)

I remember travelling over to a computer show/fair around this time in mist in Manchester. Maybe 1987 or so as Jeff had an impressive beard by that stage and a trippy afghan coat

Got my lama soft tape signed by Mr Minter (revenge of the mutant camels possibly), was like meeting a rock star

I remember travelling over to a computer show/fair around this time in mist in Manchester. Maybe 1987 or so as Jeff had an impressive beard by that stage and a trippy afghan coat

Got my lama soft tape signed by Mr Minter (revenge of the mutant camels possibly), was like meeting a rock star
Yeah he was a legend to my bro and I.

We eagerly awaited each new game.....Gridrunner, Matrix, Revenge was incredible, Sheep In Space, Ancipital, Batalyx...

Happy days. It's awesome that he is still doing what he loves creating games he wants to create. Been great to finally meet him in recent years, we were so excited when he came down to the last Slam :-D

Nice bit of talking heads on 28 mins. No Amstrads though! Porpers.

Back
Top Bottom