What's new

live televised pinball from PAPA on Thursday 11th April

If anyone keeps watching, can they update this thread so I can check progress if I wake in the night?

I doubt I'll be able to sleep for wondering what's happening, but I don't think I can watch that thing on my phone from bed ...... (gonna try though)

Game 4 Whirlwind
Joshua 1st
Zach 2nd
Danielle 3rd
Keith 4th

Daniele 10, Joshua 8, Keith 6, Zach 4

I'm going to bed. There's only so much Cilit Bang adverts I can handle

Watch it on the Twitch stream instead - only had one advert. You can change the stream underneath the video on the GG video page.

Need sleep but this is ace.

Daniele 11, Keith 10, Joshua 10, Zach 4

2 games to play

Next up is Future Spa (Ali had to be removed)

Final game, Iron Man!

Must...sleep.... but....can't....stop watching........

Two games left - Iron Man final is going to be nuts!

HERE WE GO!!

Iron Man, Keith 14, Daniele, 13, Josh 11, Zach 4

All down to the last game!!

19th seed, 23 consecutive games over 12 hours and Daniele has done it, the guy is not human, incredible incredible play, completely smashed Iron Man in the final with over 50 million

what time did this thing finish?

my comp has stamped Moose's last post as 1:37am, but i'm sure i sent my last one from bed and it was 12:20 not 11:20, so is the site clock an hour out, or is it on my machine? i checked general settings and i'm on GMT but i think we should be on GMT +1 now......

anyway, an epic contest, and it sounds like it went all according to the predictions by many, with Josh and Zach the also-rans as #1 and #2 showed their skill. who was i kidding that it was gonna finish at 9pm?

bring on the next live streamed event. and where is William Hill? a tenner on Daniele Acciari to win the next PAPA and then the #1 crown from Keith Elwin. it's like watching Craig Pullen take Martin Ayub's crown in real life :)

The forum clock is indeed an hour out.

Daniele posted this on facebook before the Ironman game (after 12 hours of play):
I am very stressed out I no longer have the arms with a hallucinatory pain won't do I press the buttons

And still he managed to win! Legend! We are not worthy! :rockon:

I was knackered at work today after staying up to watch that but well worth it. Live televised pinball is the future :thumb: Next stream is on Sunday for the Pinburgh finals I think.

I watched most of it till the end but got really ****ed off at those damn adverts. I missed loads of action due to that ****. Well played by the Italian bloke. Especially after 12 hours plus of pinball. Do they drug test these events or what?

Next stream is on Sunday for the Pinburgh finals I think.

is this all gonna be on that same geekgamer site, do you know? if so, we all need to swap tips on how to make it as painless as possible, as i agree that the ads could be terrible, especially when the timing was just seemingly random, and so sometimes came at the most inopportune moments, rather than in most televised sport, where they are still annoying but at least they don't play them during penalties or the last lap or whatever. i found the pop-out player to be trouble free, my main complaint was occasional video lag even when the sound was seamless, but i presume this was unavoidable.

did anyone try to log in to the chatroom attached to the site? i logged in to the one attached to ThePinballArcade.com forum (which is waaaay more friendly than this site's one, by the way) but did not try to connect to the main room, did anyone?

zammo.jpg

Yes it will be on GeekGamer again. I think Mark said that the Twitch stream had less ads than the UStream one so I'll be trying that on Sunday. Under the video you can click on either UStream or Twitch to select that feed. I didn't try the pop out player so will give that a go on Sunday ;) I didn't try logging into the chatroom just in case having that going affected the video stream.

nice one matey, any ideas on timing of start and likely finish, lineup of competitors etc?
there's probably just an easy link you can point me at.

800M today on the Drac, it's definitely an all-or-nothing game

According to the info on GeekGamer, Pinburgh finals are 6am till 1pm Pacific Time on Sunday 14th so should start 2pm Sunday afternoon here I think :D

I aint into competitive pinball was truly enjoyed it
That Italian guy was mega :hail:
There are adblockers that stop it
Stormy told me of one

Broadcasting again. Nice Sunday afternoon watch. Guess its going on until late again :pop2:

Broadcasting again. Nice Sunday afternoon watch. Guess its going on until late again :pop2:

Unfortunately missed this one as I was at the German Pinball Open. How did it all pan out? Was it as addictive to watch?

I watched the last bit, Keith Elwin just wiped the floor with the other 3 finalists and won with a game to spare. He got the GC score of 42 million on Dr Dude

Not as good as the circuit finals on Thursday. Like Dan says, the other guys in the final just weren't up to Keith Elwin's standard and he handed them their ****s. The first game on TAF was won by an unknown local guy who'd got through so it had started out looking like it might be quite exciting but then normal Elwin service was restored :D

Craig, how did you do at the GPO?

Not as good as the circuit finals on Thursday. Like Dan says, the other guys in the final just weren't up to Keith Elwin's standard and he handed them their ****s. The first game on TAF was won by an unknown local guy who'd got through so it had started out looking like it might be quite exciting but then normal Elwin service was restored :D

Craig, how did you do at the GPO?

He is amazing to watch, everyone always says that pinball is like 80% skill and 20% random. He makes it look like 99% skill, he is the complete master. 42 million on Dr dude is an incredible score, I did however see Franck Bona put 77 million up on the one at the GPO during qualifying!! Dr Dude was also used in the final.

It was a good one for me, it was a huge event, over 200 competitors I think in the end with over 13 hours of pinball played on the Saturday. In the end i found myself in the playoff for the final at 11pm (after starting at 10am!) between 5 of us (for 2 spots in the final) on eight ball and I just missed out so finished 5th. I also managed to take 5th in the classics on the Sunday as well. So unfortunately couldn't quite make either final, but came close.

I was pretty sure Robert Sutter was going to do the double, but Dr Dude was his downfall in the final and he took second to a guy from Germany. And I actually managed to knock him out of the classics which was a bit of a shock, Andreas Harre managed to just beat Franck in the final on Vector in a very tight contest.

Back
Top Bottom