What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lights out on bsd

RudeDogg1

Site Supporter
10 Years
I realise this is more than likely my fault for messing around with them with the power on. Anyhooo i was installing my flame leds Kindly sourced by neil) into my bsd backbox while trying to adjust 1 that wasnt working I seem to have lost half the ones in the backbox and I think the 3 green skill shot arrow inserts. Now ive checked fuses f106-f110 and f114 and they are fine, Ive even checked the continuity from the end of the wire to the connector and thats also fine. Any ideas guys? Im crap with electrics :0(

The game fought back... "MAAASTER, NOT THE LED...!"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd start by reseating the light cables into the power board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lol yes sorry rudy... look at J120 and J121 i think that's the GI iirc.

Bottom left of the driver board.

Ident the connector by looking at the wire colour stapled to the back of the backbox door... they'll match one or the other of those connectors.

Reseat those :)

Tim

Also, you can swap J120 and J121 plugs. Same pinouts.

That will rule out dry joints on the board.

Assume you've tried turning it off and leaving it a while?

Oh and take out all the new leds and try the old obes

further investigation shows all sockets are out on J120 pin 5 green (return) gi to backbox and pin 10 white-green (6.8 vac) gi to backbox

Might be teaching you to suck eggs, have you checked the fuse's with a meter, they may no look blown, but could be, happened to me once. Diagram to check voltages

467px-GIBuzzGreen.jpg

Last edited:
Well I've got the board out. Got continuity from pin 5 to q16 and from 10 to the end of f106. But not from the other end to J115 5 or from J115 10. J115 10 was one of the pins on the botched op repair I redid but that one looked alright maybe it wasn't after all

Back
Top Bottom