What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting an old playfield for wall art ??

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Evening troops

I have an old playfield here that I have been thinking about using as wall art . I have seen people have the inserts illuminated which looks really cool.

Whats the best way to go about this you reckon ? LED strips ??

Would you need to block out other holes to prevent light bleed ?

I'd like to keep the profile as slim as possible as space is at a premium in the Shack of broken pinball dreams :D

Any advice / top tips appreciated :thumbs:

As you were
Chiz chiz

LEDs sounds about right to me and as to all the other holes ,why not glue different coloured plastic in them ?

Black card for the scoop, post, major mech holes, and then LED strip lights, or fairy lights staples near/in inserts.

I did this to 2 old AFM playfields.

Probably overkill, and those adjustable PSU’s are reasonable quality, but I wanted subtle lighting... Opted to light the wall as evenly as I could instead of the inserts. That way the holes also show through alongside the inserts. Didn’t want flashing wall lights - the actual machines do that enough, and not too bright. Warmer white LED strips.

Need to get a photo of them mounted to properly show it.

C6CBE44B-AE58-47F0-BAFF-6A3CD669683A.jpeg D7ED1D7D-03F0-4918-98F7-D8B664D10A35.jpeg

Last edited:
Evening troops

I have an old playfield here that I have been thinking about using as wall art . I have seen people have the inserts illuminated which looks really cool.

Whats the best way to go about this you reckon ? LED strips ??

Would you need to block out other holes to prevent light bleed ?

I'd like to keep the profile as slim as possible as space is at a premium in the Shack of broken pinball dreams [emoji1]

Any advice / top tips appreciated :thumbs:

As you were
Chiz chiz

My pinball coffee table runs on battery led fairy lights which I have to say the batteries have lasted forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom