What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LIGHTED PINBALL MODS 3D HOLOGRAM TOPPER OVERVIEW AND INSTALL: VIDEO

wiggy07

Registered
I had the pleasure to take a look at the new 3d hologram topper created by Lighted Pinball Mods. The topper allows you to install photos and videos on a micro SD card to view through the hardware. The topper actually projects the images which gives the illusion of a hologram above your pinball machine.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress....d-hologram-topper-overview-and-install-video/
YouTube Video :

Title For Video.jpg

8-29-2019 9-13-32 PM.jpg

8-29-2019 9-21-28 PM.jpg

111.jpg

222.jpg

4444.jpg

Title For Video.jpg

Anyone want to piggy back my order to share postage?

have you looked on eBay? I'm sure you can get these for like a smidgen of the price LPM are charging.

The problem I see with them is they will be rubbish in normal light!

However, I can see why people want one for Star Wars with the delay to the official Topper!

Cannot personally see this being a viable topper for a few reasons:

- Light
- Interactivity (sure it might be lights, but is it timed... no)
- Theming - Star Wars all of this is, but it doesn't fit the theme a lot of the time, oh cool, a Hoth drone.... but why

If you want a hologram for your games room - cool, but IMHO a topper this is not.

Cannot personally see this being a viable topper for a few reasons:

- Light
- Interactivity (sure it might be lights, but is it timed... no)
- Theming - Star Wars all of this is, but it doesn't fit the theme a lot of the time, oh cool, a Hoth drone.... but why

If you want a hologram for your games room - cool, but IMHO a topper this is not.

And I have to disagree with you 😂
Witnessed these in person... Maybe not same make or model...

Light - I seen these in daylight and the image was pretty vivid and it got better with lights dimmed a little... Would be perfect in a game room setting
Interactivity - These gadgets can play videos and are pretty interactive and awesome
Theming - These Hologram LED Fans are programmable - So they would be extremely cost efficient if you change your lineup... Simply reprogram and boom

Check out the link to Pinside for more videos of the hologram in action with loads of themes

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/-the-ultimate-pinball-topper-omg-you-need-to-see-this

Fair enough @Tilt_Birmingham

The first point is completely objective of course and you’ve seen one. So I stand corrected.

Subjectively though, the last two I stick by until I’ve seen one I want :p

I've seen this effect a few times and not something I'd have on my games personally speaking.

Would be a lot better with a dark background so you don’t notice the cable and fan so much.
Downside is looks pretty naff when machine is turned off which is most of the time.

Thanks to everyone who wrote here after watching the video. Buying from Lighted Pinball Mods gets you the stand, the board that detects light to turn the topper on and off, etc. The kit is given to you in one box and nothing needs to be made to mount the topper onto the pinball machine. Lighted Pinball Mods did a great job I think in turning this fan into a topper for a game. As someone else wrote here, yes you can theme this topper to any game you like. That is the great thing about the topper because of its changing of themes and subject matter depending on the game. I downloaded a bunch of vids of Star Wars and they look great on the topper. I showcased some of them in the newest 3d topper vid I posted (tutorial of creating vids) I think the brighter the video the better the quality. For $250.00 I think the quality of the images are pretty good when being presented. As M4carp wrote that the topper looks bad when turned off. I agree, it doesn't look great, but people do question what it is when they see it. After turning it on people think the topper looks amazing and love the hologram effect. The vids I showed look so much better in person. The camera cannot keep up with the speed of the fan. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am just giving mine. I understand and agree with a lot of the comments on this thread, just wanted to present my opinions again after reading some of the comments. Thanks again everyone for watching the video and for the people who subscribed to the channel, thanks so much for the support. Much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom