What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifting trolley

Went through this loop when I was looking for one..

There's basically two types of these trolley, 150kg ones that are 450x700 and this one which is 500x810.

You may find 500 is too wide to get between the front legs of non widebody pins.

Went through this loop when I was looking for one..

There's basically two types of these trolley, 150kg ones that are 450x700 and this one which is 500x810.

You may find 500 is too wide to get between the front legs of non widebody pins.
Good shout - I did think that 500mm might be just a tad too much. I need to re-measure exactly. I though the longer bed would be good, but looks like I might be in the 700mm camp. Thanks!

It's a shame because 700mm definitely isn't long enough to lift a pin off the ground cleanly from the front.

You end up just lifting the front up off the ground until you get to a point where the rear is moveable at which point if you push down on the lockbar you can move the pin around.

I wasn't able to find anything more suitable and as said 500mm would be too wide for non-widebodys I think.

Martin, the 150Kg are definitely the way to go and hinges at the bottom of the main handle is also a must because you may often find you back the trolley into a space and then need to fold down the handle to pass the trolley under the machine to get it out, if you see what I mean.

The 500kg generally don't fit between the legs of a pin, and they can also be ridiculously heavy. If you plan on moving the trolley about/putting it in your car then anything over 40kg or so is a pain in the back. You can get aluminium trolleys which are very light but they tend to be much more expensive.

Thanks Paul. Great advice. I didn't really consider the difference in weight, and that's a big deal. 150kg it is (plus with the earlier points on fit, 500mm width is just a teensy bit too wide), just need to find the right one now.

I've got to temporarily exit the machines whilst the new pin room is being done and don't fancy tombstoning all the machines. Work starts on Monday so need to get a wriggle on...

not sure where you are in the country but if you're anywhere near northampton you're more than welcome to borrow mine if you need one for this weekend

not sure where you are in the country but if you're anywhere near northampton you're more than welcome to borrow mine if you need one for this weekend
Much appreciated fella, thanks for the offer. I'm further down South and I expect I will have a need in the future so will probably shell out for one. Thanks again though.

I've got one of these, lasted me a few years so far.

https://www.safetyliftingear.com/products/scissor-lift-hydraulic-platform-table-150kg/pt03321

It's a shame because 700mm definitely isn't long enough to lift a pin off the ground cleanly from the front.

You end up just lifting the front up off the ground until you get to a point where the rear is moveable at which point if you push down on the lockbar you can move the pin around.

I wasn't able to find anything more suitable and as said 500mm would be too wide for non-widebodys I think.

^^^^^ Yes exactly, when lifting from the front, as you raise the machine you get a bit more clearance from the handle at the front so you can slide the pin forward to even out the weight (better with backbox down). Lifting from the back is perfect with this trolley.

I just bought a TF-15 Mobile lifting table from ebay from electricwinchshop. under £200.00 delivered very good quality with fold down handle. ( a must for storing under your pin). Downside is you have to push down the front of the pin to counter balance it on lifting, but only a bit and it saves the old back.

Thanks for all the feedback guys - I've gone with the TF15 to save messing around with changing the handle. £199 delivered so not bad!

I also bought the TF15 - great solid lifting table 150kg rated, but will do more I guess, so even the heavy JJP pins.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TF15-Mobile-Lift-Table-150kg-Single/291992007200?_trkparms=ao=1&asc=20140813110652&meid=cbbbf28c6ba2466785b5dcacd025ecc7&pid=100275&&itm=291992007200&_trksid=p2060778.c100275.m3474

includes next day delivery.

PS - this is a heavy item - 40+kg itself
That's the exact one I bought too, from the same seller.

No complaints at all about the service.

As said before however - the handles fold forwards for storage, they don't go back particularly far, so you'll end up having to push down on the lockbar when using it from the front. Not a big issue though.

A couple of tips:
  1. Put felt tape around the handles where they touch the pin for protection
  2. When pulling the handle to lower the pin when you're done, take the load a bit as otherwise pin will land quite heavily (I could just be oversensitive on this one)

Fab tips - would never have though of that.... That's who I bought off also... Coming Monday

Nice, thanks. I want to upgrade my TF15 because I can only ever lift from the front where I have my pins.

Nice, thanks. I want to upgrade my TF15 because I can only ever lift from the front where I have my pins.
I may be selling mine as need a more portable one to lift into the car. left me know if interested.

Cheers

kev

Argh :( I've already bought and paid for the one you linked to :( I've had a tracking number already so don't think I can send it back without hassle.

I'll be selling my TF15 though if you're interested.. very minimal use.

Argh :( I've already bought and paid for the one you linked to :( I've had a tracking number already so don't think I can send it back without hassle.

I'll be selling my TF15 though if you're interested.. very minimal use.
Yes I may well be can you PM me details please ?

Cheers

Kev

you might need a one with spinning casters on either the front or back to steer the pin around i bought a 150 kg lift one ( annoyingly went to a farm sale days later and found 3 similar but much better quality from a a workshop dispersal sale ARGGG) and the only adjustment i made was to cut the length of handle to fit under the the pin its not perfect but its perfect for shuffling pins in and out of the man cave. mine was around 200 quid of amazon i think. How many hrs did i search for a real pin dolly i dont think ill ever be able to count, lucky im handy with a welder and plan to mod the lifting pad size to increase weight dispersal.to be honest with pin lifting anything is better than nothing !

Back
Top Bottom