What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let There be Light

pintableuser

Registered
General Illumination Problem

On a recently acquired pin I had a few issues to sort out before I could enjoy the game.
One of them was the GI lights were 75% faulty with only the top left functioning correctly.

005.JPG

The bulbs were all good. The wiring had good continuity. The fuses and the board connectors proved good, the power board was removed to check the traces diodes and transistors... all good.

C'mon problem....... show yourself !!!!!!.

002.JPG 003.JPG

I then raised the playfield and there on the main connector block adjacent to the transformer and under other cabling was the culprit. Identified showing itself in the form of a loose wire which had been arcing and burnt away. Connection was duly made good ...

Ahhhhh...let there be light...... it feels so..oh good :)

My reward ??? Time to battle KHAN and his Mongol Hordes....... :D

There is an upgrade kit to stop insulation damage IWO habitrail Ring light wiring...don't know if you fitted it to yours.? Consists of eight (8) small cable ties and clear plastic tube...... one of the cheapest upgrades;)

003.JPG

Available from PH or any auto shop etc.

Yup sure did I also have the pinion upgrade kit spare unused if yours still has the plastic pinion on the battlefield gimme a shout

Yes, Pinion already upgraded to brass by previous owner and as everything else working like a good-un....... plays super-fast..... you can really make this pin hyper-sing with loops n ramps... the use of the magnet is super cool. Thanks for the offer of availability...much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom